Light-O-Rama Forums

Falcon Pi Player

ebrown1972

Recently I built a p10 matrix. I have only tested the matrix out in bridge mode. I am using a Beaglebone black and octoscroller. I am considering not using the P10 matrix as part of any sequences but rather as a standalone unit. If I am correct the Beaglebone will need real time for the schedule. I can enable wifi to do this but am not the best when it comes to networking but hopefully I can figure it out. For those of you who use Falcon Pi Player it is my understanding that only fseq sequences can be played from Falcon Pi Player. Is this correct? If so Xlights would be the only option to do this or will Falcon Pi Player output LOR sequences? I plan on using S5 this year. I am just trying to get a better understanding of how this all works. I could use bridge mode since then it would act as an E131 controller but it may be a little choppy. I am just trying to wrap my head around just how and what is the best way to for me to use Falcon Pi Player/Beaglebone black with LOR. Thanks for any advice and suggestions.

Eric 

9 hours ago, jerry72 said:

You can convert the LOR sequence to FSEQ in Xlights. That is how i do mine.

Will xlights convert the new S5 sequences? I know it did pixel editor sequences but the new S5 sequences has a different file extension.

On 6/16/2018 at 8:22 AM, ebrown1972 said:

Will xlights convert the new S5 sequences? I know it did pixel editor sequences but the new S5 sequences has a different file extension.

Yes, it will.

On 6/21/2018 at 10:40 PM, jerry72 said:

Yes, it will.

Jerry, I see no option in xlights to convert the new S5 sequences. I see I can convert Pixel editor sequences but not S5 ones. I have the latest version of xlights too. The new file extension that S5 gives is not in the list to convert. Let me know what I'm missing Jerry. Thanks

On 6/16/2018 at 11:22 AM, ebrown1972 said:

I'm curious, if the file extension is no longer .lms or .las in S5, what are they now?   And how will or does that affect importing older .lms or .las files into S5?

Since I'm planning on upgrading soon, I'd be very interested to know more about these "new" extension formats.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Orville said:

I'm curious, if the file extension is no longer .lms or .las in S5, what are they now?   And how will or does that affect importing older .lms or .las files into S5?

S5 files for editing are .loredit

When you create the play files, they are play.lms and presumably play.las (don't have one of those on this computer).

16 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

When you create the play files, they are play.lms and presumably play.las (don't have one of those on this computer).

Will S5 read in {import} an older software version .lms file?  Or would it have to be renamed to .loredit to import it?   Just want to know what I might have to do if I opt to d/l the S5 version once I upgrade to the current release of S4.

13 minutes ago, Orville said:

Will S5 read in {import} an older software version .lms file?  Or would it have to be renamed to .loredit to import it?   Just want to know what I might have to do if I opt to d/l the S5 version once I upgrade to the current release of S4.

Yes, S5 will read S4 or older sequence files.  When it saves them, it will use the loredit name.

Just now, k6ccc said:

Yes, S5 will read S4 or older sequence files.  When it saves them, it will use the loredit name.

Thanks Jim.  That's just what I needed to know! :D

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Thanks Jim. I never even thought about creating the play files and I was only looking at the editing files. Thanks again, Eric

• The topic was locked