Light-O-Rama Forums
GriswoldStyle

What do you use for a mega tree mast pole? Looking to make a 20 ft tree

50 minutes ago, smithzone said:

You may need to grind it out if it seems snug.   I used a rounded metal file connected to a sawzall to clean mine up.

I like that tip - although I'm not quite sure how to connect a round file to a sawzall...

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I like that tip - although I'm not quite sure how to connect a round file to a sawzall...

roflmao

I have a dremel with an extension on it.

I've done similar with a round file chucked up in a drill, but the in and out motion of a sawzall would work far better than a rotary motion for the purpose.

I use 1 1/2 rigid conduit from Lowes for our 20 foot mega tree, purchased the 20 ft kit from 3G http://store.3glightingcreations.com/20-foot-mega-tree-kit/ , they recommended 1 1/2 pipe.

I have one of the 1 1/4 inch pole pins that of course won't fit my 1 1/2 inch conduit so if anyone needs one holler at me IM. Dang thing is heavy so local pickup near Jacksonville Florida would be better.

Keith

My neighbors and I got a heck of a few laughs in reading the reviews as well... But the icing on the cake is the people who bought this also bought section lol...

17 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

My neighbors and I got a heck of a few laughs in reading the reviews as well... But the icing on the cake is the people who bought this also bought section lol...

OMG, I hadn't read the reviews!!!  :)

• Like 1