Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Arches controller location

jwblazek

I just completed about 9 hours work on a pretty detailed sequence using 4 RGB arches and SS. This AM around 3, I realized that I hadn't told the SW where the controllers would be located . I will have 4 arches, end to end with the controller between arches 2&3 with lengthy cords feeding the 4 arches. To keep the cords short as possible (still over 12'), I need the "controller location" to be between 1&2 and then again 3&4. As I went though the configuration and layout just now, I don't see a means to locate the controller which correlates to where Pixel # 1 is on each arch. Hence, unless there is a means to do this, I have to go through the sequence and swap the start and end points of each of 2 arches, a lengthy arduous task. Is there a way to ID Pixel1 in the config?  I now see that going forward I need to keep all of Arch 1, for example, in a straight row, so I can do a quick group modify

John

SuperStar has two modes, CCR mode and Visualization mode. CCR mode has a limited number of layouts. To do a layout that isn't covered by the layouts in CCR mode you need to import a visualization.

Launch the Visualizer

Click on the File menu and Select New

Specify a grid of something like 800 x 400 pixels

Click on the Arch tool

Make the first arch with pixel 26 on the right and pixel 50 on the left. Make the second arch with pixel 1 on the right and pixel 25 on the left.

Make the third arch with pixel 1 on the left and pixel 25 on the right. Make the fourth arch with pixel 26 on the left and pixel 50 on the right

Assign appropriate unit IDs to each arch.

Save the visualization

Launch superstar

Click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization"

In the "import visualization" dialog box specify the sequencing grid "max length" as 100

specify horizontal

Click on OK

You should see the visualization on the screen. And the sequencing grid should be one line of 100 green squares.

You can now do morphs on the one line and see them on your 4 arches

If you have further questions or need further help send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and I can set up a time to do an online session.

You don't say what program you created your models in  if you used pixel editor you can pick the starting location 

Thanks Brian

From what you are saying, seems I have a lot of sequence editing to do to make this work. Nothing simple to change direction of 2 of the 4 arches?

If I understand correctly, you have already done some sequencing using CCR mode. And for the Layout you have set 2 CCRs, "horizontal",  Arch, and Half. And the problem is that the CCR mode Arch layout assumes the controllers are all on the right or the left and there is no way to specify a controller being in the middle. Unfortunately there is indeed, no way to specify the controller is in the middle. Also, in CCR mode it makes a 25 pixel line on the sequencing grid for each of your 4 arches. In other words you have a sequencing grid that is 4 lines tall.

Since you certainly want to keep the sequencing you have already done, what you would want is to make a visualization that will give you 4 rows, but has the controller in the middle.

Let me know what unit IDs you are using and I can make you a visualization.

Correct, image.png.1c3302bed4f339871831558fe121ccc5.png

So in the visualization that popped up, 4 arches, top row of arches is 1 & 2, second row of arches is 3 & 4. What I will have on my lawn is 4 arches, in a row, 1,2,3 &4 with the Pixcon controller between 2&3 using E1.31.192.168.0.50. From what I understand, this will require a separate ENet cable from my switch to go to the display along with 3 RS485 cables for the 3 networks, Regular and AuxA & AuxB, the latter controlling 16 CCB strings through 8 controllers

OK, did a visualization and imported it. Guess I really misjudged what the default CCR mode visualization was as my sequence does not fill the arches. SO, I get some more practice as I rewrite my sequence. With the new visualization, each morph or smooth effect fills just under 1/2 of the arch

Attached are two visualizations. Copy them to: c:/ (your LOR folder) / Visualizations / Editor

The first one puts each arch on a separate line on the sequencing grid. And the layout should match the CCR layout you are using except that there is a controller between 1&2 and a controller between 3&4. Note that the sequencing grid mapping is the same, in other words, you do not need to change your sequence. The reversal of the pixels for some of the arches is handled by the software.

The second visualization has all 4 arches mapped to one line on the sequencing grid. For future sequences you may want to use this visualization. It is easier to do a morph across all 4 of the arches. When you import this visualization into superstar be sure to set the sequencing grid "max length" to 200 and set "horizontal"

Arches_4_lines_50PixelsPerLine.lee

Arch_1_line_4_50PixelArches.lee

Thanks Brian. First one works as expected, but the second visualization, only the first 2 arches work. Looked at DMX mapping and looks OK, but don't understand why the first one works and the second does not

Now I need to work on understanding the smoothing effects. I used this in a couple of places using the default layout from SS. It was pretty cool, but now when mapped properly, not cool. Guess I need to work on radii and start stop pixels

Thanks !

Hmmm, not sure why "Arch_1_line_4_50PixelArches.lee" is not working. It is working for me. I would be happy to remote into your computer and see what is happening.

Played with this a bit and found that the Morph vector was not in the grid( actually off the grid and into the morphing area) and did not extend across the associated arches from the original visualization defaulted by SS.

Thanks for the support !

l a bit confused on why I see so many "unattached" vectors. Can't seem to find which morph they are associated with and makes cleaning up and tweaking the sequ3ence tough. I am certain it was something with the new visualization template mapping. Scrolling down doesn't show any morphs below what is seen.

image.thumb.png.ce310be4c69e5b0603606e7cf6d19561.png

Ideas where to look?

Your support is phenomenal !

Sorry about that, what you are observing is a bug. The screen does not always "clean up" after itself. Whenever this happens, the workaround is to click on the "View" menu and click on the "screen" line that has a check mark on it. Doing that will force the screen to redraw and the spurious lines will go away.