Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I set up RGB floods (plug and show) in visualizer?

GriswoldStyle

I just purchased the rgb floods in the spring sale 2 days ago.

I am looking for a tutorial that explains how to add them into visualizer. Been trying to play around a bit and learn some things before it gets here. I can not seem to locate any videos on how to set them up or to add them into the visualizer. I figured out how to sequence them and all but can not seem to find anything about how to actually set them up and add them in visualizer so I can see them in action on screen. Last year was my first year using visualizer. Before that I drew individual dots on the simulator screen. So maybe I am just overlooking something simple.

Any video links or suggestions would be a huge help. I'm finally trying to learn the rgb floods for Halloween and christmas and hope to move towards pixels next year BUT baby steps first. Anyone have any suggestions on how to add the floods to the visualizer and program the channels?

i am using S4 if that helps any.

Edited by GriswoldStyle
Forgot to post software version

In Visualizer, click on Edit/ Draw Floodlights, click on the screen where you want to place it, and follow the dialogs.

Thank you for the reply.

I ended up figuring it out and had to actually upgrade my software as it was just standard and I had to upgrade to advanced in order to use the features for rgb in the visualizer.

Very fun to work with now that it works lol. 

1 hour ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Thank you for the reply.

I ended up figuring it out and had to actually upgrade my software as it was just standard and I had to upgrade to advanced in order to use the features for rgb in the visualizer.

Very fun to work with now that it works lol. 

That would not be entirely true.  I don't doubt that you had to upgrade, but there is a probably a different reason.

RGB is available at ALL license levels in the SE and Visualizer.  What is limited is the device IDs you can use.  Standard will only allow for device IDs from 1-8.  I'll bet you were trying to use device ID 9 or higher on the floods.  SE will not output to ID 9 (or higher), and the Visualizer would not render a device on ID 9 (or higher) for standard.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 11:18 AM, DevMike said:

That would not be entirely true.  I don't doubt that you had to upgrade, but there is a probably a different reason.

RGB is available at ALL license levels in the SE and Visualizer.  What is limited is the device IDs you can use.  Standard will only allow for device IDs from 1-8.  I'll bet you were trying to use device ID 9 or higher on the floods.  SE will not output to ID 9 (or higher), and the Visualizer would not render a device on ID 9 (or higher) for standard.

Honestly I was able to see the cmb24 when I added the individual channels on the sequence. However when trying to design the flood lights in the visualizer that board did not come up as an option for the floods and only came up as a DMX universe option. That is how I was able to view them I have not received the flood lights yet so I'm not sure if I set it up correctly. 

I was just trying to get them to work in the visualizer but when setting up props in the visualizer it did not give me a CMB 24 option when adding in the flood lights only DMX.

I'm sure once I get the kit the instructions will be clear but I could not find anything online on how to do it and was going off of a couple tutorials that I did find.

I'm sure you are correct because I did need to upgrade in order to make the DMX work in the visualizer but the issue I came acrossed was there was no option when setting up floods in the visualizer to use a CMB board.

Sorry if I did not explain that properly as I am still new to this and just now venturing into RGB. I did try to search around for lightorama website tutorials on the RGB floods but I could not find any is this may be something you would consider adding for new users?

Edited by GriswoldStyle
Voice text butchered words

On 4/9/2018 at 11:18 AM, DevMike said:

Maybe the screen shots from the will help

Here are screen shots of the only options showing up when adding a flood light fixture in the visualizer. I'm not seeing a cmb24 option. This is just practice but figured I would try to figure it out before the floods get here. Now what I came across is it will render them if I set them up as a dmx universe and select unit 1. But does not render in the visualizer if I set it up as cmb24 in the sequence editor  I then have to change it to a dmx universe in the sequence editor in order for it to render in the visualizer animation/simulation.

11kwniv.png

2a4zw5z.png

1 minute ago, PhilMassey said:

The CMB 24 is a Light-O Rama Controller, hint hint.:)

Well that was pretty dang obvious God I feel stupid now..... lol

When selecting it as an Lor controller what would I set it up as far as unit? If I had four controller boxes which were labeled  unit 1 2 3 and 4 then add the CMB 24 controller number 5? Unit #5...

Sorry but I am still kind of new to this and just trying to figure things out before it gets here.