Light-O-Rama Forums

Countdown Timer

MGoBlue102

I have been looking for a few weeks now for digital outdoor countdown timers that are themed or even changeable depending on the holiday, I want the numbers to be at least 6-8 inches so viewers from the street can see it good.  Have not had much luck so far.  I did find a decent plain digital countdown timer that would work but it is black and does not say what I am counting down, I thought if I could find someone artistic, I could possibly have someone create a face with cutouts for the numbers to insert over the front of the device but before I got that route, is there anyone reading that might direct me to pre-fabricated devices that countdown for the holidays to be part of my display.  Halloween and Christmas primarily.  

sounds like the perfect thing to use a few P10 panels for...  I have no first hand experience with them but have seen them in use for a multitude of things in displays.

James produced our Christmas countdown, however it is for a pixel tree and probably can easily be converted to a matrix. It is 25 different days, that seems to be the most difficult piece of the puzzle. Trying to make a sequence that can auto rollover for each day. The scenes are different for each day. If I recall its pretty close to 1 minute.

JR

• The topic was locked