Light-O-Rama Forums

Select all effects of each type

k6ccc

Is there a way to select all effects of a certain type (scenes, morphs, etc.)?  In my situation, I am expanding my pixel tree so I can expand the existing effects via group modify.  However I have not found a way to select scenes or all morphs.  Selecting all gets one type, but no way to select the other types.

There is not a way to select all effects of a certain type. But when you select a group, the first effect in that group becomes the current type, and when you do group modify it will only modify the effects that are of the current type. In other words, if you select a group and the first effect is a scene, then when you do group modify it will only modify the scenes in that group.

Because of this behavior, you can find the first morph, do "select all right" and you can modify all of the morphs. Note that if there is an effect of a different type at the same time as the first morph, you can do "select all right" and then do Ctrl + click to deselect the effects that are at the same time as the first morph.

Thanks Brian.  I should have thought of that since that "first one" exists in other places in SuperStar as well.

Related to this, is there a way to expand an image without having to re-draw each one manually?  I have several purchased sequences from one of the sources that makes EXTENSIVE use of images.  That means that there are hundreds of them that now need to be twice as tall and twice as wide (going from 12 x 50 to 24 x 100 on my pixel tree).

If you have the most recent version of superstar, you can do the following:

1) select an image action

2) click on the Tools menu and select "move or scale selected effects"

3) Select "Scale",  If you only want to scale the image, then uncheck everything but "image", set the current width and height of the image in the "source" width and height, then set the desired width and height in the "dest" width and height.

After scaling the image, you may want to touch it up manually because the computer has to either double up the pixels if you are expanding, or it throws out pixels if you are shrinking the image.

45 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

If you have the most recent version of superstar, you can do the following:

This part I'm doing in a slight bug fix version that you sent me after I discovered a bug in 4.3.24 with selecting things in different groups:

Your fix was in:  v0.1712.9 however that bug re-appeared in 4.3.26 so I reinstalled v0.1712.9

I believe v0.1712.0 has the "move or scale selected effects" feature, so you should be able to use that.

6 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

I believe v0.1712.0 has the "move or scale selected effects" feature, so you should be able to use that.

It does for scenes and morphs.  A quick play with images did not, but it was a few second test as I REALLY needed to get to bed.  I will have more time this evening to try it out.