Light-O-Rama Forums

Copying a color in Superstar

jwblazek

I have a sequence with a lot of animations in various images and colors, not of the standard palette wheel.. I want to modify a couple of them, slightly, as I am going from 12 to 16 strings. How do I repeat a custom color if it is not showing in the custom color screen of the palette? In other words, I want to select the skin color I have in the animation and paste it in a few more cells to enlarge the image. Can't figure out how to do / duplicate that color

If you can afford it I would suggest SuperStar. You can accomplish your goal in less than a minute. Converting 12-16 strands or more is just a few clicks.

What you can do with SS is well worth the investment especially at the cost if you hired someone to convert them for you.

No guess work, just have to tell SS the original size and then the new size, hit ok and done before you blink your eye.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I am using superstar, trying to figure how to use the same color that I had used previously. Already used SS to go from 12 to 16 but some images / animations need to be tweaked

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:27 AM, james morris said:

Put your pointer over the color hit the shift key

great! but its not working for me, what am i doing wrong?

select animation effect from layer>image setup dialog box appears>pointer over color of the vis and/or the color of the grid and i hit shift and nothing happens

Didn’t work for me either.  Confirm that you are answering about SuperStar (what the question was about)?  

I will try to help you out, James is better at it but I just tried and it worked for me.

Click on the grey effect that represent the image in your SS sequence

Now on the working grid put your pointer on the color you want to replicate.

Hit the shift key and hold it down and then click the left mouse button  and that color will now appear at the top lext of the color palette. Now just left click wherever you want to insert that color.

I am sure James will come along but he is the one that told me how to do it.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Hit the shift key and hold it down and then click the left mouse button  and that color will now appear at the top lext of the color palette. Now just left click wherever you want to insert that color.

That answer gave the correct answer.  The original answer did not say anything about clicking the square on the grid - only hover and click the shift key.

• Like 1

Yup---gotta click the grid when you hold the shift! - that's what i was missing

Thanks James for the that helpful hint and the PM. Doing more images this year with a new matrix so this will be handy.

This is why check the forums almost daily, tricks you never realized were there. 

(EDIT:realized right or left mouse click will copy the color while shift is down)

Edited by saxon