Light-O-Rama Forums

Where are my Audio files?

Jack

As this was my first season I found that some of my songs where a little distorted or over modulated.  I was going to post a question but just happened to stumble on to a post from Rickbj back in Oct. 2012 asking the same thing and that lead me to download the latest ver. of" mp3gain" software.

I went to the audio file in LOR to get my songs, but not there, any ideas where to look?  I must be looking in the wrong place, so I need a little help.

When I opened the mp3gain software it was showing 98db,   what is a good volume set point to use for our sequences?

Thanks for any help,

Jack

Open a sequence in the SE and go to EDIT > SEQUENCE INFO and that should tell you where that particular audio file is located.  Unless you've moved them elsewhere, that's where all your audio files should be.

As for MP3 Gain, I prefer 93dB.  Given the particular settings on my PC and FM transmitter that's where I get the cleanest sound.  Your setup might be different.  Generally speaking, a little too low is usually a better option than a little too high when it comes to broadcast sound quality.  If someone sitting in their car wants it louder, let them use their radio's loudness control.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with George, lower is better if using an FM transmitter, even if using speakers alone,lower is usually better and 93dB is usually what I use, unless the MP3 is really low volume on occasion I have to crank it up to 96dB, but I use that sparingly and rarely.  If you keep your audio files in there own specialized directory, like I do, you would find them there, I use different sub-folders for my audio files, but they are all in the \LOR\AUDIO directory in sub-folders named for the style/type music for holidays or every day use   Examples of some of my sub-folder names I use under the \LOR\AUDIO directory are: \Christmas, \Halloween., \Patriotic, \Rock, \HeavyMetal....etc.,etc.  This way I keep my audio files nice, neat and orderly, it makes them much easier to locate to, at least for me.

Edited by Orville
Because I can't type worth a flip at times! :o

• The topic was locked