Light-O-Rama Forums

Got all of my stuff down

Wayne K

A week ago we were 15 below zero and today we set a new record in Fort Wayne Indiana, 59 degrees. Took yesterday and today off work to take advantage of the warm weather to get all of the decorations down. Worked in my short sleeve shirt this afternoon. Now we are supposed to get rain later tonight with freezing rain towards morning and 1"-3" of snow tomorrow. Glad I got stuff down now.

Wayne

Nice, we were 78 deg today but drizzle until noon so I have mega tree, ccr tree and outline still up. Gonna be in 20-40's from tomorrow. We get 4 seasons in 3 days. LOL

JR

Hmmmmm just looked at the thermometer -35 C, might as well throw another log in the wood stove and turn the TV on. The only thing I have put away are my inflatables, still waiting for warmer temps. to take down the rest. Oh well, that's life in the north lol.

I know what you mean it has been raining here for days, i will not take it down wet, hopefully it will dry out next week and i can take it down next weekend.

Here in MN,l we went from 2 weeks of zero or near zero hights, to a couple of day near 40, so down came the display.  Now back in the deep freeze.  

Display tear down is about 1/3 the time of setup for me. 

Our display came down Thursday in the rain. Amazing how fast one can get a display down when there's a blizzard coming ;) I think it took two days to get it up and three HOURS to get it down and put away in the trailer ;)

-Gary-

I'm maybe about 2/3 of the way down. The big items are left but they all have superstrands that need to be balled up so I'd like it to be at least 35F and sunny when I do them... makes them wind up easier. :)

Took advantage of the last 2 days of cold but sunny weather. Was able to get my mega tree down today. 37 deg. Tomorrow 60 deg so gonna get ccr mega tree and roof outline down, and that will be a wrap.

Then just have to move props from garage to barn to regain my inside parking. Then new Halloween prop building starts.

JR

I took down most of the stuff on Sun Jan 7, and the rest on the following Wed and yesterday (Sunday).  Total tear down time was about 8 hrs between the 3 days.  I think almost 4 hrs of that time was spent unplugging everything and rolling up extension cords on that first Sunday.  My wrists and forearms were so sore that I couldn't workout that evening!

• The topic was locked