Light-O-Rama Forums

Reflective Material for Wreaths

jjeffreys

Looking for ideas on reflective/iridescent materials for use on 3ft wreaths that I will be constructing out of the materials. I have a large black curtained area I will be hanging the 6 wreaths on and would like to illuminate using my LOR 10w floods, just below facing the wreaths, for effect. Prefer white, would like for the colors to reflect from my floods. I've seen several types of materials just have no experience yet using the materials. Atrached curtained area located behind the trees. 

20180110_213224-1062x686-796x514-597x386.png

J. Nice looking display.  The obvious first thought would be white garland on wreaths frames.  You can find many different samples on Amazon and Google.  The fuller garland the better.  The only downside would be that uplighting may cause some shadowing on the top.  That may be an effect you like, but it is something to consider.  If you had a way to light from top and bottom with floods you will get a more even wash, but again more lighting required and a light bar or truss would be needed.

• Thanks 1

J.  You may already be aware, but one other thing to be mindful of when building the frame and working with white props.  Depending on the quality of your RGB flood, if you desire to wash the prop with white light,  you may get the Red, Green Blue, rainbow effect if the flood is too close to the prop. You will want to test that before placing you lights and finalizing design.

Luckily in the way of light placement, there are six 7ft foot tall roofed front porch scenes below so I will have a flood on top of each to better the angle of illumination. 

I had thought about garland but I'm afraid of looking on the low side of what is being displayed at this particular show. I see many tule wreaths that would fit in, it's just finding the right stuff. I agree with you on the closeness if the lights also. Thank you for the input. 

• The topic was locked