Light-O-Rama Forums

Colley Christmas 2017 Lightshow

Vince4xmas

• 1 month later...

Hey Great SHOW.  I am planning mine now, and I like how your entire thing.  Love how you are using RBG.

But how are you doing all that rbg with just 3 dumb? 

Also how are you doing the Looping lights.... (light Chasing thing) 

I want to do that this year, I have a long driveway and am going to do big ones over it this year.

Do you have a a video of how you set it up?

(I am a newb when it comes to rbg. :))

Glad you like the show!

My coro trees, garage roof matrix and left side tree strands are all dumb RGB. The candy canes, roof line, garage line, windows, front door, (8) circles around garage door, (4) arches, (4) poles and tree star are all smart pixels driven by a pixcon16. All programmed using LOR S4 and PE. This year I am using LOR S5 and adding more singing faces, more pixel props and strobes!

I would be glad to share what ever info you need.

Please advise what details you need.

Thanks much.

12 hours ago, Vince4xmas said:

Glad you like the show!

My coro trees, garage roof matrix and left side tree strands are all dumb RGB. The candy canes, roof line, garage line, windows, front door, (8) circles around garage door, (4) arches, (4) poles and tree star are all smart pixels driven by a pixcon16. All programmed using LOR S4 and PE. This year I am using LOR S5 and adding more singing faces, more pixel props and strobes!

I would be glad to share what ever info you need.

Please advise what details you need.

Thanks much.

wha Wha??  You are running all that off 1 x 16 pixcon?   Do you have the advanced one or the http://store.lightorama.com/pipico.html

That one?  I am feeling the need to figure this out now.  YOU RUN ALL THAT off of 1 Pixcon?  Do you have any photos or vids to share?

pat@septon.ca :)  I mean.. WOW

Yes. Running all my smart pixels from one Pixcon16 (the link you listed is correct). Actually using only 15 channels on the Pixcon16 (1 spare).

I am running two 12vdc power supplies, one for each bank of 8 at the Pixcon16.

Running show using a LOR G3-MP3 Director, not computer.

Biggest issue I had was that all props had to run back to one location (where Pixcon16 was located). Long runs and had to power inject at several locations.

I am adding a Pixie4 next year for (2) Boscoyo snowflakes and (1) Boscoyo wreath.

I would suggest using the Pixie series controllers if your props are long distances apart.

I have several wiring diagrams and pics I can send you.

Can you please PM me with an email address and I will send files.

• The topic was locked