Light-O-Rama Forums

Plug & SHow Cosmic Color Packages

ericg2000

as the 2017 season draws to an end, the planning for 2018 is beginning.  i'm running 96 channels, with another controller on standby in case i encounter any failures during the show.  i really don't want to get more standard controllers.  so i am looking into rgb, more specifically the plug & show packages.  what are peoples opinions on them?  and i see 50 string and 100 string options... but i can't find a string length.  does anyone one how long these two strings of lights are?  this might be a purchase in the 2018 spring sale.  thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...

On the new ones with the pixies the 6" spacing would be the dead give-a-way. 

Just look at the units below the add individually. 

It also depends on what P&S item you are talking about.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Just to be exactly clear, I have not found a single pixel or controller that is truly plug and show. You actually have to have a little knowledge and configure everything for it to properly work. Don't be fooled and think that all you do is plug it in and it works.

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Just to be exactly clear, I have not found a single pixel or controller that is truly plug and show. You actually have to have a little knowledge and configure everything for it to properly work. Don't be fooled and think that all you do is plug it in and it works.

I know that. Are there any benefits to these kits vs buying a pixel controller and the rgb lights separately. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Funny you mentioned that. One person I assisted had his P&S tree for 3-4 months sitting in his home and said "plugged it in and it did nothing" to funny. He was very happy after I helped him configure it.

Now if someone has a sequence that is setup for unit ID 1 and know how to configure it before they receive it, then you can plug and show it.

JR

1 minute ago, ericg2000 said:

I know that. Are there any benefits to these kits vs buying a pixel controller and the rgb lights separately. 

Buying seperately will be cheaper but the kit will give you the LOR warranty so it depends on what is important to you, cost or warranty.

2 minutes ago, ericg2000 said:

Well, it is pre assembled, warranty is top notch. At least now you have an opportunity to purchase pre assembled pixie controllers other than the pixie 2 as in the ad

JR

If I had the opportunity to buy a pre assembled pixie16 I would have. To me time is $ and the time and stuff I purchased to test and change far exceeded the cost of the pre assembled kits. Now that I have my parts list down (built 6) its a crapshoot on cost. The good thing about building your own, you get to learn a little about the device along the way.

The pixie series is an affordable way to get into the "smart RGB scene"

JR

• The topic was locked