Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Face Question

restok79

I created a singing Santa face. Are there any suggested standard channels to tie the moving lips to? Like channel 7 is ties to lyrics for example? Or is there no pattern to LOR sequences?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Ryan

For the commercially made singing santa there are 4 channels. 1-Outline 2-Eyes 3- Open mouth 4- Beard (closed mouth) however ther is only 1 sequence I know commercially available.

For typical commercially produce faces 1- outline 2-eyes open 3-Eyes closed 4-top lip 5- mid lip 6- bottom lip 7-O mouth 8- Vowel mouth

There are other names used for some of those lips and hudreds of commercially offered sequences

I do not use the standard movemnts due to I have mine to ease my sequencing. My last 4 are in a different order.

Just starting out ItsmeBob's website will be your friend. Download papagayo and papagayo to LOR conversion tool. Also do yourself a favor, do not watch to many youtube videos. Some will cause you to waste time. A lot of time. Bobs tutorials and some additional guidance that some of us can provide will be useful.

Best of luck.

JR

The industry standard, whether purchased or "shred', sequences for singing faces and christams tree  are 2 eyes, 5 mouith and 1 outlien.

As you recieve singing sequences, the order and chanels association may be different. So most important part is to ensure that the channel for "open eyes" is the same for all of your sequences and so.  you do this via the SE channel configuration tab. 

8 channels would be

- open eyes

- Outline

-closed eyes

-top mouth

-middle mouth

-bottom mouth

- "E" mouth

- "O" mouth

I'm not familiar with 4 channel Santa face sequences but 8 channle sequences would give you the most options as you source sequences.

Thank you both. Will try suggestions next chance I get.

For the Santa it's really just the mouth that moves. So it should be simple. I just swore I read somewhere that lyrics are typically tied to channel "x" and was hoping that truly was the case.

1 hour ago, restok79 said:

Thank you both. Will try suggestions next chance I get.

For the Santa it's really just the mouth that moves. So it should be simple. I just swore I read somewhere that lyrics are typically tied to channel "x" and was hoping that truly was the case.

Actually with my aforementioned santa both channel 3 and 4 move. Not sure what you mean about "lyrics tied to channel x" since most groups have more than one lyrics and words have more than 1 lip movement. With that said it doesn't matter how many lip movements you have as long as your audience sees movements at the correct time (unlike the old Chinese movies) they will be impressed.

JR