Light-O-Rama Forums

Double Thunder

B.Y.R.G.

I do Thunderstruck by AC/DC every year as they are my favorite band.  It means a little more to me this year with one of the co-founders Malcolm Young passing.  The other Thunder song is by Imagine Dragons which has been quite popular so far on the Tube.

Thunderstruck_AC/DC

Thunder_Imagine Dragons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

I do Thunderstruck by AC/DC every year as they are my favorite band.  It means a little more to me this year with one of the co-founders Malcolm Young passing.  The other Thunder song is by Imagine Dragons which has been quite popular so far on the Tube.

Thunderstruck_AC/DC

Thunder_Imagine Dragons

Well color me impressed!!!!

• Like 1

On 12/1/2017 at 6:18 PM, caniac said:

where did you get the Peanuts characters?

I used the Really Big Lights (white ones) and custom built the characters.  They're based on a Christmas gift the wife got me last year.  Hallmark makes them and each character has 2 songs (25-30secs. long) and their lights are all synchronized when their music plays.  The Hallmark dudes are only 4-5 inches tall and not 4' like the ones I built.  I actually do Christmas songs too....see below.

Linus and Lucy

Here is what they're based on.

Peanuts Characters Light Show

Edited by B.Y.R.G.

16 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

I used the Really Big Lights (white ones) and custom built the characters.  They're based on a Christmas gift the wife got me last year.  Hallmark makes them and each character has 2 songs (25-30secs. long) and their lights are all synchronized when their music plays.  The Hallmark dudes are only 4-5 inches tall and not 4' like the ones I built.  I actually do Christmas songs too....see below.

Linus and Lucy

Here is what they're based on.

Peanuts Characters Light Show

how did you build them?  cutouts?  We have a lot of RBL's, C9's for Christmas as well as the pumpkin ones.  Did you just change the bulbs out for color ones or did you find a RGB combination that worked?  We tried the rectangle nodes in them but couldn't get more than three to work at any giving time so we punted and put C9 LED's in instead.  Loved the sequence!!

I ask because my wife is a really big Peanuts fan.

Edited by caniac

I ordered 4' x 4' outdoor rated vinyl banners using customized photos that I took of the little peanuts characters.  Glued them to thin paneling and cut them out with a jigsaw.  I used 2 of the rectangular pixel nodes H.C. sells in each RBL.  Glued them onto a piece of PVC pipe next to each other pointing forward.  That 5-6 inch long PVC pipe then fits/glued into where the old bulb that came with the RBL's was.  The wife really helped out with these as I don't think I could of made them without her help.

Yeah I remember you having issues with yours.  Sorry it didn't work out with the nodes but you improvised and adapted quite nicely.  Kind of like Gunny Highway...heheh!

2 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

I ordered 4' x 4' outdoor rated vinyl banners using customized photos that I took of the little peanuts characters.  Glued them to thin paneling and cut them out with a jigsaw.  I used 2 of the rectangular pixel nodes H.C. sells in each RBL.  Glued them onto a piece of PVC pipe next to each other pointing forward.  That 5-6 inch long PVC pipe then fits/glued into where the old bulb that came with the RBL's was.  The wife really helped out with these as I don't think I could of made them without her help.

Yeah I remember you having issues with yours.  Sorry it didn't work out with the nodes but you improvised and adapted quite nicely.  Kind of like Gunny Highway...heheh!

I had four on the pvc pipe.  we will try it again but not until next year.  we kept all the parts from the first attempt, may try your attempt at 2 rectangles or I have heard of dome RGB's that might work better.  will start testing in January.

• The topic was locked