Light-O-Rama Forums

Basic light setup

MattMac

Hey everyone - Very easy question: 

Even though I should have known better, I waited until the last minute to start creating a sequence/show (brand new to LOR).  I'm going to spend the next several days creating my show, but in the meantime, I still want my lights to be turned on.  So my question is, does LOR have a basic on/off function?  For example, program the controller to turn on all channels at 6pm then turn off all channels at 10pm?  

I thought I had a solution by creating a short sequence ( a few seconds) with every channel turned on, and put this into the schedule editor.  But when I tested it last night, the lights continued to stay on after the programmed "off" time.  I'm probably missing something simple, but I'm still learning my way around the entire LOR software.  I only need this solution for the next week or so while I actually create a show, but I don't want to be the only dark house on the street while I'm creating the show!  

Thanks for indulging a procrastinating newbie...

-Matt

You can create a short animation sequence that just turns everything on and set it to loop like you mentioned

On the show builder you need to check off "Turn lights off box"

Search the forums, there are posts with full descriptions

Like stated above in the show editor check the box that says turn used lights off at the end of each sequence, otherwise you end up with lights on all night...

Edited by rcktpwrd

Hi Folks

I have the same issue here too. I'm obviously missing something, but after playing around a bit, going through my documentation and watching some of the online videos - I can't work it out.

I have the G3-MP3 director and my lights are staying on at the end of my show.

This is a newbie setup so I have one sequence. (Please, try to contain your excitement! :))

If I load the sequence to the SD card using Simple Show Builder or the HW Utility I can set a schedule but there's no option (I can see) to turn lights off after the show.

If I build a show for that 1 sequence using Show Editor, I can set all the option for "Turn Used lights off at the end of each sequence".... but I do not know (and can't find out) how to schedule that show and copy it to an SD card so it can be used in my G3-MP3.

I think my basic question is, can somebody help me understand how to copy a SHOW, as opposed to just a series of sequences, to an SD card and have them run on a schedule with a G3-MP3 Director.

Thanks in advance. Cheers

Edited by MattJ

... scratch that!

More reading and playing and I don't think I can load a Show Editor Show to G3-MP3. It's not supposed to work that way. 

I created another sequence that turns everything off and scheduled it as Show 2 to run immediately after show 1 finishes. Cleans everything up. 

Not sure if it's supposed to work that way... but it solves my problems for now.

That should do the job. 

For my show I created a shut down sequence that runs for a few seconds. It starts with  everything on then a second of everything off to make sure all lights are off when the entire show ends. I do this using the show builder and running from a laptop, I have no idea on how the G3-MP3/director/SD card setup works...