Light-O-Rama Forums

Lor animation sequences

Richards h ouse

I am trying to use the free filler animation sequences from the LOR website, but when I open them they are just text. When I go into show builder or mp3 on the control board they do not show up. What am I doing wrong?

If we’re communicating, what you are saying makes no sense.  If you look in you downloads directory (where ever your web browser saves files), you should see the downloaded file with a .las extension (provided you don’t have Windows Explorer hide the extensions).  If you just double click on that file, it will likely open with a text editor or maybe your web browser.  If you did that, you would see text.  That is not how to open the files.

Stat the LOR Sequence Editor and open the file from there.  You should never see  just text.  If the Sequence Editor can not open the file, it should give you an error message in a pop up window.

Is that how you were opening the files?

Is it possible that when you downloaded the file, the browser changed to it to a .xml extension? MS browsers used to be bad about that. If it is currently listed as a .xml extension, change it to a .las file extension. Just a thought.

Alan...

I jus tried to download again and xml document is the only option I am given.  I cannot see an option for a las file.

well that was stupid, my MS browser was the problem. Switched to firefox and they worked fine. Thanks for all the help, back to sequencing.

1 hour ago, Richards h ouse said:

well that was stupid, my MS browser was the problem. Switched to firefox and they worked fine. Thanks for all the help, back to sequencing.

That was going to be my next question - what piece of crap browser were you using.  That sure sounds like something that Internet Exploder would do!  I HATE I.E. with a flying purple passion and use it only when absolutely necessary, however I just tried it, and sure enough, I.E. would not treat those files as anything but .xml.  Damn Microsoft!

Just so you know, the .las (animation) and .lms (musical) files from LOR are actual xml files. If you open any non protected .las or .lms file in notepad the first line you will see is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

The issue you ran into was because for some reason, MS browers have always seen that it is a .xml file regardless of the file extension and will change it to .xml file extension. Your options are to download it and rename from a .xml extension to either a .las (animation) or .lms (musical) Or do what you did, use another browser to download it and not have to play MS's game. heh, not a big fan of IE either. Just curious if MS Edge would also do this?

Anyway, glad you got it sorted out.

Alan.