Light-O-Rama Forums

Small cheap incadescent bulbs used for candles - dimmable?

FrankRizzo

So I always put those cheap candles in my windows each year.  Now this is my first year with LOR controller and want to put the candles onto the controller as well.  Anybody know if those small cheap bulbs can handle it and are they typically dimmable?  Thanks

35 minutes ago, FrankRizzo said:

So I always put those cheap candles in my windows each year.  Now this is my first year with LOR controller and want to put the candles onto the controller as well.  Anybody know if those small cheap bulbs can handle it and are they typically dimmable?  Thanks

Are they made with a C7 clear night light bulb (candelabra base)?   Yes.

If they have some sort of other 'decorative' bulb (flicker) No!

If the plug-cord to the bulb has anything other than a simple fuse cord. NO!

Since they are cheap. why not SAFELY smoke test one.  Place the lamp in the middle of a concrete slab, AWAY from anything Above or near And plug it into a cord connected to the the controller.

Twinkle, dim, shimmer for 10 minutes each pattern.  REMEMBER TO PULL THE CORD if magic smoke happens before attempting extinguishing.

Edited by TheDucks

2 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Are they made with a C7 clear night light bulb (candelabra base)?   Yes.

If they have some sort of other 'decorative' bulb (flicker) No!

If the plug-cord to the bulb has anything other than a simple fuse cord. NO!

Since they are cheap. why not SAFELY smoke test one.  Place the lamp in the middle of a concrete slab, AWAY from anything Above or near And plug it into a cord connected to the the controller.

Twinkle, dim, shimmer for 10 minutes each pattern.  REMEMBER TO PULL THE CORD is magic smoke happens before attempting extinguishing.

Great info.  Yes, they are C7 clear night light bulb (candelabra base) and simple fuse cord.  Good idea with smoke test as well.  

10 hours ago, FrankRizzo said:

Are you asking if the cheap 2.99 100ct incandescent bulbs are usable?  I have 4 firesticks with 400 lights each and dim, fade, chase....etc in almost every song.