Light-O-Rama Forums

WS2811 Light strips issues. Can anyone help with figuring it out?

Obejohnknobe

Hi Everyone,

I have several WS2811 Light Strips that are going on my setup and have checked them out using a T-1000s when they arrived.  After many hours of figuring out my Pixie 4, 8, and 16 cards, there are only 2 out of 22 ws2811 light strips that will work with the cards using the Hardware Utility (HU) Pixel Console.  Most all of the lights will light up white for about a second and extinguish when turning on the card (Pixie 4). When putting them through the Pixel Console test, most will not light up, a few will light just a few of the pixels on the strips.  The 2 that do light were given several lighting tests and were great.  I made sure all cables were continuity checked and no problems to the lights.  When powered up, all have 12vdc on the light strip.  When I shift gears and try the WS2811 Pixel bulbs (5 vdc) on any card or cable, there are no issues whatsoever.  My first guess is the WS2811 light strips IC 's are bad and need to find another vendor (any suggestions on vendors for light strips?). I am out of ideas on what to check next, can anyone help?

Thank you!

John