Light-O-Rama Forums

Santa Claus Lane Drone Trailer 2017 - 34 houses!

debtoews

I chuckled to myself the other day when you said there would a trailer out soon. :D

It's great the way your community all comes together to does this. I can't even get my neighbor to stop his dog from barking all night. :P

Well done.

Alan....

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

Very nice Deb.  Makes me glad that I will see the show and meet you in a few weeks :)

Its a totally different experience in person Jim!  Looking forward to showing you the behind the scenes, etc.

• Like 1

That looks great. Wish I lived closer to see this in person. So nice to see so many people come together for something special these days.

Great job.

Tom

• Like 1

looks great again this year Deb. You & Terry's vision for this show was a real blessing for your neighborhood. congratulations.

5 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

looks great again this year Deb. You & Terry's vision for this show was a real blessing for your neighborhood. congratulations.

thank you!

I'm always amazed by your work with this.  I know how much time and effort I put into my show - I can't imagine trying to co-ordinate 34 houses.

2 hours ago, jfuller8400 said:

I'm always amazed by your work with this.  I know how much time and effort I put into my show - I can't imagine trying to co-ordinate 34 houses.

It is my other full-time job!  But so worth it once the event starts and we get feedback from the community.  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 11/17/2017 at 7:35 PM, k6ccc said:

Very nice Deb.  Makes me glad that I will see the show and meet you in a few weeks :)

Cool show and all but dang.....a 4 hour drive!  I'm already heading to Yosemite the day after Christmas and might swing by to see the show.

Edited by B.Y.R.G.
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Cool show and all but dang.....a 4 hour drive!  I'm already heading to Yosemite the day after Christmas and might swing by to see the show.

Closer to five for you.  My wife's sister and mother live in Coursegold which is about an hour north of this show.  We're going up there for a long weekend on the weekend of my wife's birthday.  On Saturday, I'm gonna drive down to spend the afternoon with Deb and get the behind the scenes tour and then watch the show when it gets dark.  Yes, on my wife's birthday (on Sunday), I'm dedicated to her!  Happy Wife, Happy life!

You should figure out timing to catch mine on one way or the other too...

• Like 1

I agree, I just love when the community comes together and offers a great tradition for families to see and enjoy during the Holiday Season.

Good on you for putting this together.! 

Love the Aerial Drone shot! 

7 hours ago, NWSanta said:

I agree, I just love when the community comes together and offers a great tradition for families to see and enjoy during the Holiday Season.

Good on you for putting this together.! 

Love the Aerial Drone shot! 

Thank you!

10 hours ago, HVACR said:

I have logistics question. How are you networking this show? Crossing property lines and city streets. Just curious.

Thanks.

Yes about 50 ELL's and 9 networks.  Organization is the key to all of this.  Everything is labeled/numbered or we just couldnt do it!

Im sure after Jim comes and hangs out- he will know how the magic is created!  lol

deb,
In my eyes, you and your neighborhood are the gold standard of LOR Shows. Whenever I talk or show people my shows or videos, they remark how cool it is. Then I tell them about your neighborhood and the 34 houses and you can see the wonder in their eyes.

lol I live way out in the booneys. If I were able to get 34 of my neighbors to do what you folks have done, the drone would have to be 800 feet in the air and look over a 10 mile chunk of earth. :lol:  I look forward to more videos.

Alan...