Light-O-Rama Forums

Davis Family Christmas 2017 Trailer

scodavis

Hello everyone, thought I'd share my 2017 trailer.  I had Kevin do my recordings before I finalized my light plan, so my actual light count this year is 18,419, comprising M6 and C6 LED light strings, RGB 10W floods, and Xenon strobes.

Enjoy the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuqZOJ2zAiM

-Scott J. Davis

Clever preview.....looking good!  I haven't even begun to put up lights yet but planning to get started this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched your preview again as I'm sick of watching visualizations at this point.  Just noticed you get an "early" start for your show with it starting a few days before Thanksgiving.  Isn't that Christmas lighting taboo?  I wish I was that brave....hahah!

4 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Watched your preview again as I'm sick of watching visualizations at this point.  Just noticed you get an "early" start for your show with it starting a few days before Thanksgiving.  Isn't that Christmas lighting taboo?  I wish I was that brave....hahah!

Correct.  I put quite a bit of thought into this as I did start on Black Friday last year.  Basically, I decided that if I put all this time, effort, and money into my display, I want to maximize the amount of time I use it.  I also used the same lights (though different color combinations) to do my Halloween display.  The RGB floods really helped me with this due to their ability to do the yellows, oranges, and purples.  I plan to post a video of that once I get around to recording it :-)

14 minutes ago, scodavis said:

Correct.  I put quite a bit of thought into this as I did start on Black Friday last year.  Basically, I decided that if I put all this time, effort, and money into my display, I want to maximize the amount of time I use it.  I also used the same lights (though different color combinations) to do my Halloween display.  The RGB floods really helped me with this due to their ability to do the yellows, oranges, and purples.  I plan to post a video of that once I get around to recording it :-)

Sounds good to me and looking forward to the video.  I have my display up and might try to get a recording this weekend while I'm "testing" the display.

2 hours ago, scodavis said:

Basically, I decided that if I put all this time, effort, and money into my display, I want to maximize the amount of time I use it.

I don't start until the day after Thanksgiving, but I tend to go the other way.  I'm not in any real hurry to shut the show down.  My "normal" has been the weekend after New Years.  For my 2016 show, even that was not the end.  My sister from Colorado had never seen the show and was coming out to California in mid January.  I asked her if she wanted me to leave it up for her, and she of course said yes.  So I left it set up and ran through one cycle of the show for her.  With New Year's Day 2018 being Monday, my semi- current plan is to shut down on Sunday 7 January.

2 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

I also used the same lights (though different color combinations) to do my Halloween display.  The RGB floods really helped me with this due to their ability to do the yellows, oranges, and purples.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!  RGB is so great for that exact reason.  Only thing to change from Halloween to Christmas is what sequence plays.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

I don't start until the day after Thanksgiving, but I tend to go the other way.  I'm not in any real hurry to shut the show down.  My "normal" has been the weekend after New Years.  For my 2016 show, even that was not the end.  My sister from Colorado had never seen the show and was coming out to California in mid January.  I asked her if she wanted me to leave it up for her, and she of course said yes.  So I left it set up and ran through one cycle of the show for her.  With New Year's Day 2018 being Monday, my semi- current plan is to shut down on Sunday 7 January.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!  RGB is so great for that exact reason.  Only thing to change from Halloween to Christmas is what sequence plays.

Hey I've been misquoted!

Dude, love it.

And I may ad... I want to do that song Baby its cold outside.  I just started it last night, may not have it ready this season... but love the show!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 8:59 AM, Septon said:

Dude, love it.

And I may ad... I want to do that song Baby its cold outside.  I just started it last night, may not have it ready this season... but love the show!

Thank you!  I really appreciate it.

If you need any help with the Baby It's Cold Outside sequence file (for the timings or even my effects), PM me with your E-Mail and I'd be happy to share my sequence if you think it will help.

-Scott

• The topic was locked