Light-O-Rama Forums

Which load sequence option is best based on hardware?

brichi

So i noticed when setting up a show that in options i can

1. Have sequences load when they are needed

2. sequences are loaded before any are played

If i am running the show from a laptop i am assuming "1" is good enough being the power is being it being its a laptop and not a small unit running the show? 

Edited by brichi

10 hours ago, brichi said:

forget it, watched a video on it quick, thanks anyway 

What video? Where? I'd like to know this also.

Alan...

Well done video. Nothing I didn’t already know, but a review is nice. I have always used the load all sequences before anything plays, but that has really become moot because all of my sequences are played via intensity files. That means that the sequences that are loaded are less that 1K so they functionally load instantly.

BTW, since it was in the other part of the video, all my landscape lighting shows use the start with a trigger option. I have a light sensor that detects when it is getting dark that triggers the show to start. I wish LOR would add an option to end a show on a trigger. I did figured out a work around so that my overnight show functionally shuts down when the sun comes up, but it requires a little cheating. 

35 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Well done video. Nothing I didn’t already know, but a review is nice. I have always used the load all sequences before anything plays, but that has really become moot because all of my sequences are played via intensity files. That means that the sequences that are loaded are less that 1K so they functionally load instantly.

BTW, since it was in the other part of the video, all my landscape lighting shows use the start with a trigger option. I have a light sensor that detects when it is getting dark that triggers the show to start. I wish LOR would add an option to end a show on a trigger. I did figured out a work around so that my overnight show functionally shuts down when the sun comes up, but it requires a little cheating. 

I used my original 12v lanscape power supply which is bolted to the wall and has  built in light sensor and timer . The controller is set to start at power up (dusk) and the timer on the power supply shuts the power off on my setting, 2-8 hours or dusk til dawn.

• The topic was locked