Light-O-Rama Forums

Intensity files and SS

rick gurnee

Brian (or anyone else who knows),

I have a question about merging intensity files and I think an example of what I am doing will explain my question.  I have a 12 string cosmic tree, a 16 string pixel tree and everything else.  I program everything else in the Sequence Editor which creates an LMS file.  I have two separate SuperStar sequences: one for the cosmic tree and one for the pixel tree.  This creates two SUP files.  I use SuperStar to export two intensity files selecting the option to Add Intensity Data to new sequence.  This creates a LMS file (which I ignore) and an LID file.  I then use SuperStar to merge the two intensity files and select Add Merged Intensity Data to existing sequence.  This creates an LID file with the same name as my LMS file.

At this point everything is fine and when I play the sequence all of the lights on the yard work as well as the Cosmic tree and the Pixel tree and I am a happy camper.

Suppose I decide to make a change to the SUP file for the pixel tree.  I go into SuperStar, make the changes and save the SUP file.  I then export to Sequence Editor selecting the option to Add Intensity Data to new sequence.  It warns me that the LMS file already exists but I tell it to replace it.  Now I use SuperStar to merge the new pixel LID file with the old cosmic LID file and select Add Merged Intensity Data to existing sequence.  This replaces the LID file with the same name as my LMS file.

Now comes my question. Did this last step replace the old LID file or did it merge the old with the new?  In other words, if I deleted morphs or images in the pixel SUP file will they show up again in the final LID file?  Should I be deleting the old LID file before I merge the cosmic LID and pixel LID files?

Your last step replaced the old LID file with the new one. You do not need to delete the old LID file first.