Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Tree?

H3RRS

Hello All,

I'm looking into possibly 5 mini trees for my display next year. I was wondering for those that have them in your display, do you build them, or did you purchase them? I know there are some decent ones in your local stores.

Thanks!

-H3RRS

I'm making 2 mini trees out of 42-inch tomato cages.  (Although, 42 inches might not be considered "mini" lol.)  Both mini trees will have 4 different colored sets of lights and be hooked up to channels 1 - 8 on light controller Id #2.

Next year I might get the 10-pack mini tree frame kit from wowlights.  They also have a 5-pack set that you might be interested in.

Edited by Speedster

2- of the largest tomato cages one inside the other and turn the verticle veigns so they do not line up. This gives more places to zip tie to and doesn't create a sag affect.

JR

55 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

2- of the largest tomato cages one inside the other and turn the verticle veigns so they do not line up. This gives more places to zip tie to and doesn't create a sag affect.

JR

That's exactly what I did after finding out that using one tomato cage by itself didn't look right.  So I ended up with just 2 trees instead of 4 lol. 

I started with tomato cages, then one year after Christmas I found some 4' trees at walmart for $5, so I've been using those ever since.  They look much better than my tomato cages.  This year I'll bought some Pixel Trees from Holiday Coro.

we use 3 tomato cages from Lowes that cost around $2 a piece, zip tie them together at the top, make a super string out of the lights (because we use 4 colors- RWBG) and then zip tie the super string to the tree form.  We have 216 mini-trees on our 34 home display.  We can make them in our sleep!

4 hours ago, debtoews said:

(because we use 4 colors- RWBG) 

Thank you for stating the colors in a patriotic form. :) 

• Like 1

I built 8 this year from 1/2" sch40 pvc. They turned out pretty good. Since photobucket is jacking with prices and TapaTalk still isn't compatible with the last forums upgrade, I can't post pics. But the below link will take you to Tom's posted pics of them....