Light-O-Rama Forums

Change directory

jerry72

Over the weekend, i moved all my lightshow stuff off my computer onto an external hard drive hooked to the router, this way i can access and work on the show from any computer in the house. The main file is still under the programsx86, but i get this message when i try and do an instant sequence. How do i fix this?

Capture.JPG

Look in the LOR folder under Program Files for LORPost.exe and run it.  That is the program that runs when you first install LOR on a computer.  That will let you set where LOR looks for files.  In my case, I have everything on my server and each computer has a mapped network drive of L:\ (which is really D:\Shared\LOR on the server).

6 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Look in the LOR folder under Program Files for LORPost.exe and run it.  That is the program that runs when you first install LOR on a computer.  That will let you set where LOR looks for files.  In my case, I have everything on my server and each computer has a mapped network drive of L:\ (which is really D:\Shared\LOR on the server).

Jim ~ two part question sort of in same ball park as Jerry.

1) Show on Demand will not play my show that I placed in "D" drive. Is this normal?

2) The reason its in D drive is because I had a horrible week last week with .24. Reverted back to .18. My desktop when new came with Win10 and at that time windows 10 had 500gb resourced for "C" and 1.5tb for "D". To put it short, I received an error message that there is not enough space in my C drive to move my show files. Put show files in D, ran attempted to run Show On Demand and CL started getting overloaded with errors ~ "cannot open..." for each file

I used to have Ghost Copy but that's long ago. Is there a way in WIN10 to allocate more or all of my D free space without losing everything.

Thanks

JR

JR,

Sounds like you need to run LORPost.exe to tell LOR where to find the files.

As for allocating more space, am I gathering that both the C: drive and D: drive are actually the same physical drive, but formatted as two separate logical drives?  I don't know anything specific about Win10, but at least in the past, in order to re-allocate space required re-formatting the drives.  Obviously if it really is two physical drives, there is not much you can do about it other than a larger drive.

BTW, it is quite common to have the C: drive be fairly small with just the operating system and applications on it, and the D: drive is the data drive where most of the files are stored.  That is how my server is configured.  C: is a pair of 120GB SSDs in a RAID-1 configuration, and D: is a pair of 1TB spinning disk drives in a RAID-1 configuration.  Almost all of the data files are on the D: drive.

On 10/15/2017 at 8:56 PM, k6ccc said:

That worked, thanks again.

On 10/15/2017 at 8:56 PM, k6ccc said:

That worked, thanks again.