Light-O-Rama Forums

Show runs for a few seconds and lights stop functioning

dbaxter21073

Greetings.  Do not know if this is hardware or software related so the general topic it is.  I have LOR running year round to control lights outside (with 2 controllers not the entire 13 I run for Halloween and Christmas).  (less setup)  Setting up Halloween and when I run the sequences or the Hardware utility, the display runs for about 3 seconds and then the lights turn off.  The sequence is still running on the editor but no lights are functioning.  Working with the Hardware utility, I have found that if I have more than 4 circuits turned on from a single controller, this causes the issue.  Interesting enough, I only use four circuits for my year round process.  I use ELL (RF) from the PC to the controllers.  I have reset the ELL, power cycled the controllers, isolated the controllers to only running one controller and the situation continues that any of the controllers will turn off when any controller hits more than 4 circuits being used.  I am on 4.3.18 of the Software Suite.  Anyone ever see anything like this or point me in a direction that I can look at.  I have a basic setup, just straight light controllers.  No advanced items like Pixels or Cosmic.  I am thinking it is software issue since I have reconfigured the hardware a number of times today and get the same results but do not want to get stuck in one way of thinking this through.  Thanks,

First step is to determine if you are losing communication to the controllers.  While the show is running, see if the status LED on the controllers remains a solid light, or does it go to blinking.  No time for longer answer now as I have to get to my train....

I eliminated the ELL from the PC and did a direct connect into the box and it started functioning the way I would expect.  Still investigating.  To answer the question, when hooked up to the Hardware utility, all the red lights are solid.  When running from the Seq Editor, they start all solid red and about 3 seconds into the seq they start blinking.

Remember that the ELL data speed needs to be set for BOTH (or all if more than two) ELLs individually to match the data speed for the network.  In other words, if you are using 19.2K data speed, you need to set each ELL individually to 19.2K speed.  At least with the ELL pair I just bought, they defaulted to 57.6K, so I would have needed to change the speed to either 19.2k or 115.4K speed if I was using that speed for that particular LOR network.

• The topic was locked