Light-O-Rama Forums

Converting Xlights to LOR

Brandon

I am trying to program my new pixel tree this year via xlights.  I am not very impressed with LOR's pixel editor or Superstar.  Xlights has some amazing effects and is very powerful.  however, the issue i have come across is that when i export my sequence from xlights over to LOR, the fades are really choppy and look like garbage.  this is because Xlights converts the fades to intensities in LOR.  if i use the fade tool in LOR then the lights fade smoothly.  has anyone ran into this issue?  or does anyone know a better way to program pixels? thanks

i'm using a Pixlite 16 MK2

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

I am trying to program my new pixel tree this year via xlights.  I am not very impressed with LOR's pixel editor or Superstar.  Xlights has some amazing effects and is very powerful.  however, the issue i have come across is that when i export my sequence from xlights over to LOR, the fades are really choppy and look like garbage.  this is because Xlights converts the fades to intensities in LOR.  if i use the fade tool in LOR then the lights fade smoothly.  has anyone ran into this issue?  or does anyone know a better way to program pixels? thanks

i'm using a Pixlite 16 MK2

I have taken my LOR stuff to xLights due to lack of P10 support.  Tried exporting a couple of sequence to LOR but didn't like the result.  I will wait until there is a production release of S5 and it's January before trying again.

Run your sequences from xlights.

Xlights will also give you the ability to run your show from a Raspberry Pi using the Falcon Pi player.

Lor is great when you get started in this Hobby because of its simplicity but it's lacking in support for P10 panels as well as its inability to import from other sequencers. 

Because of the large number of tech savvy people involved in this Hobby the technology is growing by Leaps and Bounds every day and I think Lor is struggling to keep up.