Light-O-Rama Forums

hot glue

Jeffery m

So I am going to be glueing my c9 lights to some 1x2 lumber for my roofline anyone know of a good quality glue gun and sticks Thanks Jeffery

I too use strips of wood for my roof and yard outlines and I tried that approach first, and quickly found it doesn't hold that well.  I tried stapling them down but the staple gun doesn't reach to everywhere so I have had to use zip ties to hold them in place... seems to hold up just fine.  When i place them on the roof if any have been knocked over i can just pull the wire and straighten then out.  I use 3/4" strips for my yard outlines and 1x2's for my roof outlines.

the hardest thing is storing them all during the off season.

yeah im trying to figure out the storage thing myself cause the red strands are different lenghs than the green and white

41 minutes ago, Jeffery m said:

So I am going to be glueing my c9 lights to some 1x2 lumber for my roofline anyone know of a good quality glue gun and sticks Thanks Jeffery

GS uses the commercial grade black gummy tape. Hes had the ribbons taped up for 3 years and not one has came loose.

Its the thick stuff that feels like sticky rubber. HD or Lowes

JR

Also for the roof there is a great product "roof clips" they will work for all bulbs and according to my friend Don they are great. I pointed him to them. Just do a google search for holiday light roof clips. They have them for the roof peak/ ridge lines as well.

JR

only thing is my c9 lights arent the big sockets they are holiday time from walmart and the built on clips are very small and face up instead of down

3 minutes ago, Jeffery m said:

only thing is my c9 lights arent the big sockets they are holiday time from walmart and the built on clips are very small and face up instead of down

https://www.cannysystems.com/

Look at the RCG2 says "even for larger bases" so I am guessing it was designed for both small and large

Edited by dibblejr

so I went out to the shed and pulled out my all purpose clips I got in the after christmas sale from walmart and they actually worked out perfectly now I just need someone to install about 4000 roof clips

My experience with hot glue is very positive. I use hot glue to put my snowflakes on brick, cord management, 50 strobes everywhere, other misc. circumstances. I use Walmart hot glue. Bought a more commercial gun to do more work faster. At the end of the season I yank, pull, or pry. No holes, cheaper than zip ties (even tho zips aren't much either), pulls of clean. Never had anything come off premature, thru rain and snow. I do zip tie my strips to pvc, then hot glue those to the house also. I can't do my display without hot glue and zip ties.

For my C9 strobes I just put a lil hot glue to the base of the holder and stick. Why wouldn't that work on wood! That's what I would do. They won't move, even in a storm.  

My experience and 2 cents. Not discounting what everyone else says.