Light-O-Rama Forums

can i repeat controllers ID

Taino

I want repeat mega tree sequence on another tree and the trees  are too far apart to run cables. Can I assign two controller with the same Id so they can operate at the same time?

Two controllers can have the same ID. It does present challenges come troubleshooting time, but it can be done.

Though I should note that you will have to have a cable connected to the controller in order for it to receive the commands. (Well, unless you plan to run two directors and somehow get them to sync to the exact same time, to the nano second without drifting....)

• Like 1

Why don't you just copy and paste the exact sequence into the controller configured with a different #.

They will match perfectly. Just like my singing faces 2-16 controllers depending and I can have all of them do the exact same lip movements.

JR

• Like 2

I agree with JR - keep separate unit id's and use copy/paste.

Then, on some dramatic parts of some songs, copy/paste reversed and the 2 trees can spin towards each other- for example. 

• Like 1

I did this for years with no problems.  20k lights on a tree was more amps than a single controller could handle.  Two controllers same ID with no issues here for 5+ years

(CCB's )I am adding another CCB Arch to copy the right side of my display.  Instead of adding another ID  numbered CCB controller to each sequence, I am going to use the same ID as the left CCB arch.  I did not think that would be a problem.  If it is, let me know? 

Thanks for the replies. I will tryout running same ID and see how it works. Will do this prior to my actual xmas setup and see how it works out. 

I've done it too with no issues.  I'm guessing you'll be fine.

If you DO have issues, however, the LOR Verifier is the place to go first.

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, Crimson Lane Lights Etown said:

(CCB's )I am adding another CCB Arch to copy the right side of my display.  Instead of adding another ID  numbered CCB controller to each sequence, I am going to use the same ID as the left CCB arch.  I did not think that would be a problem.  If it is, let me know? 

UPDATE: I have since received the summer sale purchase of the CCB-II 2 strings of 50.  I used the HU to set the same ID numbers for both controllers (CCB & CCB-II)  Works fine!  No issues!  Now I do not have to modify each sequence.  (until I add something else, of course)