Light-O-Rama Forums

Who has the best pricing on SPT1 Vampire Plugs

racerc20

Can someone point me in the direction of a  vendor with the best pricing for vampire plugs. 

TIA 

Carl

Edited by racerc20

Carl,

I really hate to recommend anyone except LOR these days. I've bought hundreds and hundreds of vampires over the years. Usually during the presales early in the year for best pricing. Well some that I've bought don't unplug - the plastic is just too tight. Have to get a screwdriver and pry them apart. Sometimes it even pulls one or both male prongs right out of the cheapo Chinese plastic housing. They normally do work fine with light strings, but I have many that I tap the SPT cable and add a female to run to similar prop, etc. (Like a Mega Arch..) So, here's the problem on suggesting other vendors: Not sure which vendor I got that bad batch from. I know it wasn't from LOR, as they weren't selling them at the time I got the bad ones. I have tried some of LOR's green ones and they worked just fine - you know - fine as in cheapo getting what you paid for....

This late in the game for this year, I'd wait just a tad bit more. LOR should be having their summer sale very soon now. They won't be the cheapest of all vendors during the sale, but competitive they shall be. And if you're buying anything else, it doesn't add much to the shipping costs while you're getting other much needed cool new stuff.

http://store.lightorama.com/sptwire.html

Now with all that said - if you are making your own extension cords, everything I said above is done and quit reading my wordy post now. But if you're making some light stringers, you know, adding your own sockets to SPT, or cutting incandescent strings down to size, I highly recommend fusing the male plug. That way you're not counting on just the controller fuse to stop a short from popping your system down. I have only found them at Action Lighting - and they work great. Priced nice too. Year round. $0.83. Too high to use as every vampire male plug, but a cheap investment when they are needed. I made all of my strobe light stringers using these, as well as my homemade can-light luminaries. They even come with spare fuses.

http://www.actionlighting.com/spt-1-spt-2-fused-male-vampire-zip-cord-plugs-green-pack-12-plugs-100sptplugf/

Good luck,

Daniel

(DevMike - did I plug LOR enough to get to the Platinum Member status before the summer sale?)

Edited by Mega Arch
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mega Arch said:

Well some that I've bought don't unplug - the plastic is just too tight. Have to get a screwdriver and pry them apart. Sometimes it even pulls one or both male prongs right out of the cheapo Chinese plastic housing.

Thank you Daniel for displaying the courage and confidence in your manhood to openly address this vampire-on-vampire violence issue.  For far too long, it has only been whispered about in far corners of the room when no one else was listening.  It's time this crisis receives the attention it truly deserves.

Translation:  For years now I thought it was just me not having enough strength in my fingers...

• Haha 3

• The topic was locked