Light-O-Rama Forums

I have been trying to find a source for a fog machine relay that I can use to control my fog machines off an LOR channel.  Creativelightingdisplays.com seems to have shut down.  Does anyone know of another source?

I am willing to try assembling my own relay as others have done.  I know everyone says it takes about $20 worth of parts.  I've seen some of whats online, But simply telling me to buy a relay and make my own is too general.  I have no experience doing this and am afraid I need detailed instructions on how to hook everything up and what type and model of relay I need to buy.  Does anyone have any information like this?  From the forums, it looks like I am not the only one looking for this information. 

Thanks for any information you can send my way.

4 hours ago, woodinvillejohn said:

I have been trying to find a source for a fog machine relay that I can use to control my fog machines off an LOR channel.  Creativelightingdisplays.com seems to have shut down.  Does anyone know of another source?

I am willing to try assembling my own relay as others have done.  I know everyone says it takes about $20 worth of parts.  I've seen some of whats online, But simply telling me to buy a relay and make my own is too general.  I have no experience doing this and am afraid I need detailed instructions on how to hook everything up and what type and model of relay I need to buy.  Does anyone have any information like this?  From the forums, it looks like I am not the only one looking for this information. 

Thanks for any information you can send my way.

here is the exact one I used http://www.frightprops.com/ac-activated-double-pull-double-throw-5-amp-relay.html. The wiring schematic is one of the description pics, might want to copy that.

((If the link does not produce the relay and say "moving things around" then type "AC activated relay" in the search box of that page.))

Most Fog Machines are wired up alike ( I said most, not all). There are topics on this forum that give instruction - its simple. I choose the method of attaching the relay to the remote switch. Just open the remote, use a multi-meter and find the power wire on one side of the switch and the other wire that gets activated when your switch is on, on the other said of the switch. connect those points to "common 1" and "N/O 1" on the relay (referencing the schematic pic I mentioned). 

Edited by saxon

Thank you for all of the information.  Knowing which relay to buy was the big challenge.  I just ordered 2 of these relays and will see if I can get everything working.  With the info you provided it looks easy.   For anyone else reading this post you do have to enter AC relay in the search box at frightprops to find this relay.