Light-O-Rama Forums

Saving sequence animation for youtube.

mharr77

I would like to share just the animation of a musical sequence with some family via email.  If that is not possible, then how do I save to youtube so they can go to it and see it?

There are a couple questions.  What are you trying to share?  Possible answers are:  1)  The LOR .lms file (which can only be opened by someone with LOR software),  2)  a video of the on screen display of the software running your sequence,  3)  A video of your actual lights taken with a video camera of one variety or another,  4)  Something else.

BTW, since this was NOT asked in the Open Beta portion of the forum, I am assuming that you are are NOT talking about the S5 beta version.

Since you are asking about YouTube, I assume the answer is not #1, but I will answer it quickly.  E-Mail them the .lms file, and if intended to watch on Visualizer, also send the .lee file.  I would suggest zipping the files as that make them FAR smaller, and avoids problems of E-Mail systems mangling the file.  The person on the other end would need LOR software, but would NOT need a LOR license to watch the visualization.

For the answer to #2, either shoot a video of the sequence playing on your computer (presumably playing on the Visualizer) with a video camera, or better if available, use a video screen capture program to capture a video of the Visualizer playing the sequence.  Since you are not wanting to include the audio, don't include the audio or don't have it turned up while playing.  BTW, eliminating the audio takes away a lot from the effect of watching the video.

For answer #2 or #3, once you have a video file, unless it is only a few seconds, it will be too large to send via E-Mail.  So your options are to upload the video file to a website or to some video sharing site such as YouTube.

If that does not answer the question, please elaborate.

I am pretty new to this.  I made up some sequences for Christmas and wanted some of my family scattered around the country to be able to see the light show animation that I created.  I wanted it so they could just click on the picture or youtube clip and hear and see the song and animation.  If I go on youtube I can see where some folks have a youtube clip of theirs on it.  I just wanted to be able to load it on youtube for that purpose. 

I really thank you for responding

FYI, a couple of other screen/video capture programs:

ActivePresenter - save as various formats, but no auto upload to YouTube. More complicated, but lots of features.

Flashback Express - save as WMV format only, or upload to YouTube. Easier to use, but less features.

If you are going to put it on youtube and the audio is copyrighted you will have to set the security to private or semi-private.  if you set it to public (it's default) then they will yank it due to copyright infringement.

25 minutes ago, caniac said:

If you are going to put it on youtube and the audio is copyrighted you will have to set the security to private or semi-private.  if you set it to public (it's default) then they will yank it due to copyright infringement.

I've got plenty of copyrighted music on my videos and the only one that got yanked for a little bit was "Kickstart My Heart" by the Crue.  Eventually they put it back up for whatever reason.

10 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

I've got plenty of copyrighted music on my videos and the only one that got yanked for a little bit was "Kickstart My Heart" by the Crue.  Eventually they put it back up for whatever reason.

I have had a very different experience until I started tagging mine "only view-able for someone with the link".  I also do not have the artist or song title as the name.  Before then my youtube lightshow stuff would get yanked as would a fellow lighter.  If yours haven't then consider yourself lucky.  Youtube's copyright policies is the big reason some on here use Vimeo.

3 hours ago, caniac said:

I have had a very different experience until I started tagging mine "only view-able for someone with the link".  I also do not have the artist or song title as the name.  Before then my youtube lightshow stuff would get yanked as would a fellow lighter.  If yours haven't then consider yourself lucky.  Youtube's copyright policies is the big reason some on here use Vimeo.

That's unfortunate but weird as I've seen not only mine but plenty others with copyrighted music in their Christmas show videos.  Youtube does inform me that my songs are copyrighted in my videos and I can't make money off them.  But if there is money to be made with the ads that do show up in my videos I would hope that it would go to the artist that I'm using their music.