Light-O-Rama Forums
Light_addiction

Mini Christmas trees out of tomato cages

uncledan    31

I used a single 42" tomato cage for mine and wrapped it with chicken wire.  Very easy to install the lights and you can ziptie anywhere on the chicken wire

OzAz    26

another tip for tomato cage trees:

if like me, you have "concrete jungle" and no where to "plant" you cage trees; get some cheap plant pots and some gravel and 'pot up' you trees.

worked quite well for me last year, long row of trees down the side of the driveway

• Like 1

On 7/20/2017 at 0:31 AM, uncledan said:

I used a single 42" tomato cage for mine and wrapped it with chicken wire.  Very easy to install the lights and you can ziptie anywhere on the chicken wire

That's a pretty good idea. 

On 7/20/2017 at 1:30 AM, OzAz said:

another tip for tomato cage trees:

if like me, you have "concrete jungle" and no where to "plant" you cage trees; get some cheap plant pots and some gravel and 'pot up' you trees.

worked quite well for me last year, long row of trees down the side of the driveway

Thanks for that tip, but I'm on 15 acres with very little concrete in site. 

• Like 1

Mega Arch    574
Thanks for that tip, but I'm on 15 acres with very little concrete in site. 

Oh my. With only 15 acres you'll barely have enough room for a decent display. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beckntrav    2

Flip the cage upside down to look like a tree. Cut all but the bottom horizontal wires and  squeeze the cage together until the tips of the vertical wires touch at the top. Then tape or solder all loose ends together. This will make sure you tree has a nice conical shape.  I have pictures if needed.

On 7/23/2017 at 6:52 PM, Mega Arch said:

Oh my. With only 15 acres you'll barely have enough room for a decent display. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I'm going to run out of room fast. Lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, beckntrav said:

Flip the cage upside down to look like a tree. Cut all but the bottom horizontal wires and  squeeze the cage together until the tips of the vertical wires touch at the top. Then tape or solder all loose ends together. This will make sure you tree has a nice conical shape.  I have pictures if needed.

Thank you, but I've already started these and they're coming out great.