Light-O-Rama Forums

Background Sequence not working as it should in Editor

brichi

I cannot figure this out for the life of me and its driving me crazy

I want to have 1 pixel stay on white my entire show to light up from front door a little, I used the last pixel in my back window string of 73 pixels, so this is what i did

in LOR PE i setup the bay window as a frame, 23 top and bottom (46 pixels) and 13 left and right (26 pixels) total of 72 pixels, 216 channels taken up so I add this in the PE preview manager as output 0C (pixie 4 output 4) start circuit 1 end circuit 216.

then i add the front door pixel as a rbg bulb, 1 pixel, start channel 217, end 219. 

in PE i setup 2 animation sequences, 1 being a music one with a song controlling the bay window and then a separate sequence with the front door pixel as being a white color wash. 

When i play them in PE individually it all works great but when i add them into show editor as a music sequence with my background being the front door animation sequence, the front door pixel flashes all over as if it is part of the musical sequence even though it is not. 

what can I be doing wrong? these are all regular 50 pixel (3 led's per pixel) strips. 

also, if i just add a color wash in my music sequence to the front door the whole song it also works fine but i really wanted it as a background sequence so i dont have to go into every sequence and add this front foor pixel as "all on"

thanks guys!

I have two possibilities.  The export for the front door sequence into Sequence Editor will result in a single channel plus the intensity file from PE.  Does the one channel (since SE won't let you have zero channels) have a channel assignment that conflicts with something real, or is it set to "no device type selected"?

Other possibility I'm suspecting is that there is a conflict between the two intensity files (one from each sequence).  I'm going to suggest creating the front door sequence in Sequence Editor.  Make it something like one minute long with just the one RGB channel in it.  Then use that sequence as your background sequence rather than PE generated sequence in the Show Editor.

I did set one up in sequence editor for the last pixel to be "on" for a minute, but once I get it all in and use it as the background, it blinks like crazy. its a newly added channel so it colder really be conflicting with anything, I added it just for this purpose, I added the 73rd pixel just as a background light so its new to the programming.

If I use a separate output then its fine but I don't have an output to waste just to have 1 led light up my door as a background sequence

Edited by brichi

Are you SURE that you don't have the front door channel in the intensity file?  That is VERY MUCH acting like two sequences are trying to control the same channel.  In SE, if you click on the blue line for the intensity file, it will bring up the prop list.  If you expand the + signs, it will list the channels in use in the intensity file.  Make SURE that the intensity file for your first 72 RGB channels does NOT contain the front door channel.

Keep in mind that I don't use PE (never could make it work for me), but if I read your description of how your built the preview, you have all the channels in both sequences (but I could be wrong).

you are correct that I have the channel in the preview and in that son sequence nothing is on on that channel and I save the intensity file

then I opened a new black sequence and only turned on that channel for the front door, saving intensity and sequence

is that not right? 

how can I do it if I need that channel in the preview to program it, should I delete it from preview on all the songs and re save intensity and then add it just to do the background light?

ok, so I just opened the PE sequence in SE and looked at the intensity file and yes the channel is in there which explains the interference, I thought the intensity file saved ONLY the channel actually told to do things in that sequence. 

So I will try deleting it from that preview, saving and adding separately in SE

As I said, I don't use PE, but I would assume that like SuperStar and SE, and channel in the preview will be commanded - even if that channel is off. Two solutions. 1 is to remove the front door channel from the preview and create a sequence in SE for the background sequence. 2 is to have two previews - one with the 72 channels, and one with ONLY the front door.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

that worked perfect, thank you as always for the help! 

I deleted the channel from PE song and resaved all, then created a separate SE sequence with only the LED i needed and all works great.

Glad I could help out.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

• The topic was locked