Light-O-Rama Forums

2016 Engh-Lights

Little_b

Thought I'd share a link to the entire show.  It's always fun to see what others have done and what ideas you can steal, I mean, borrow, I mean learn from others.  Enjoy :)

• Like 4

Yes, very nice.

Is the huge matrix on the roof HC flexible/ roll up stuff or did you use other materials.

I'm not gonna steal your idea, maybe learn from you!

JR

2 hours ago, Little_b said:

Yes it is the HC 3" on center net.

How do you think they would look at 160' that's distance between my street and home? I was looking at their site and just couldn't determine. Is that a custom size or did you buy several of the larger ones and combine?

All of my friends are trying to convert meLOL

Thank you

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• 6 months later...
On 1/11/2017 at 11:01 AM, Little_b said:

Yes it is the HC 3" on center net.

The definition looks a lot better than I would have thought 3" spacing would be?

How many sheets is that?

FYI an alternative to the HC net is Boscoyo matrix panels

3 hours ago, OzAz said:

The definition looks a lot better than I would have thought 3" spacing would be?

How many sheets is that?

FYI an alternative to the HC net is Boscoyo matrix panels

I have the modular matrix panels but opted to have them make the same item but with 8 rows of 50 with 1 inch spacing, turned out great.

• 2 weeks later...

amazing,,,

how are you doing the singing tress on the matrix? i tried drawing one out in SS for my 16x50 tree and couldn't get this to look good

Edited by brichi

19 minutes ago, brichi said:

amazing,,,

how are you doing the singing tress on the matrix? i tried drawing one out in SS for my 16x50 tree and couldn't get this to look good

Still old school on singing trees at least for this year.  In the future they will migrate to a P10 matrix and I will use video content.  Using xLights for most of my stuff.  The Boscoyo matrix panel will be used for my marquee.

Edited by caniac

I'm still trying to figure out a way to get talking things onto my tree by drawing them in SS, its hard to get when your not an artist, lol

does SS allow you to snap in GIF's?  On xLights I find a GIF that comes close then paste it and tell it to loop however long it needs to loop.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, brichi said:

amazing,,,

It took a little time, but once set up I can use it in any sequence.  I'm sure there's an easier way, esp. with SS, but here is how I did it.  Using Paint.net I created a Picture file of the trees and mouths. I first adjust the canvas size to match my matrix so each square in Paint lines up with a pixel on my matrix.  I then copied the pixel assignments of my matrix into excel so I could see exactly where the tree lights were lighting up and where I wanted to put the mouths.  I then created some groups of channels in SE with specific DMX assignments to create the mouths and sequence them in SE. Normal Singing trees has one channel for the top lip, one channel for the bottom, one for the "oo",, etc. In mine the Top Lip is a group with 15 RGB channels, one for each Pixel. The same for each style of mouth.  I just had to copy the sequence command for each pixel in each mouth.  I used a technic I found from Bob-O https://vimeo.com/75183607 and adjusted it to fit how I could understand it.  Then I migrated the SE sequence into PE which created a "movie" Effect of the mouth sequence, and I added the tree picture with no mouths using the picture effect to the Matrix Prop.

This is a little wordy, but I hope it helps, if not let me know.

SE Trees 2.jpg

Great job. I like how you have the drip tubes in different channels with horizontal layers. Allows for a very cool effect. Never thought of doing that I might have to *cough* borrow that one.

• The topic was locked