Light-O-Rama Forums

Will I be able to?

angeland

I want to make a story display.  Different scenes with the the lights (mostly spotlights) lighting up each scene as it is broadcast.  Am I right that I would have the control to set that up using Light O Rama?

Yep, if you use a different spotlight (or flood light) for each "scene" and plug each light into a different channel. Or you could use a moving head light and have it move from scene to scene, showing the story to the viewers.

D.T.

As DT sated yes you can do that and there are several ways. You can use ordinary ac spotlights and a CTB16 controller and have them turn on and off at the different scenes as the story progresses. Or you can get the RGB spotlight and CMB24D package and add some color to each scene or change the color of the scene as the mood progresses through the scene.

I actually used 2 different spotlights in my show this year. One on a manger scene that only was used during Linus' speech and one on a realistic Santa Clause on our porch during Springsteen's "Santa Clause is Coming to Town". That is definitely one of the easiest things to sequence and a pretty good effect if you have channels to spare.