Light-O-Rama Forums

Sound coming from Computer during show

Sctiger

My show has been up and running for 2 weeks with no issue. A few minutes ago when the show started I thought that the volume coming from outside was louder than normal. Turns out that it was coming from the computer's internal speaker. I checked the 3.5mm connection out and it's fine and it is transmitting over the FM station. When I clicked the computer volume icon..it shows computer volume and LORMonitor volume too. They are basically the same volume control and can't mute one or they both mute. I haven't touched the computer so what could have changed? The show is going on fine it's just kind of annoying hearing the music in the other room (trust me, I heard most of this music enough during sequencing!)

yes I am..it's been plugged into the speaker out since day 1. The outdoor speakers and FM transmitter are working correctly, we just have the added benefit of hearing it inside now.

Edited by Sctiger

You must have an internal speaker turned on as well.   Right click the speaker icon in your tray to select playback devices.   You may have turned on this speaker with your keyboard and not realized it. 

I reverted back to the simplest trick in the book, I restarted the computer. The show ended at 10 so I did it immediately after. Once it was up, I ran a sequence using SE and it worked as it should. Weird. I did notice that the screen saver never would come up after 5 mins either so something screwy is obviously going on. Thanks again ItsmeBobO! Once the show kicks off at 6 tomorrow night I'll know for sure.

14 hours ago, Sctiger said:

I reverted back to the simplest trick in the book, I restarted the computer. The show ended at 10 so I did it immediately after. Once it was up, I ran a sequence using SE and it worked as it should. Weird. I did notice that the screen saver never would come up after 5 mins either so something screwy is obviously going on. Thanks again ItsmeBobO! Once the show kicks off at 6 tomorrow night I'll know for sure.

You're running a screen saver while your show is running?     I think all of us always make sure there are NO other programs running at all during showtime, the screen saver if it has sound can also turn on your speakers, causing you to hear the show in the house.    I really would recommend all automatic updates, screen savers, every program except those needed and required for running your show all be turned off.   When I first started and I had a Christmas {no sound} screen saver I created running, it actually interfered with my show at times, sometimes even halting it or causing the music/lights to skip here and there.   

So you may just want to consider turning off your screen saver, and if you don't want the monitor on, you could turn it off, however, I prefer to know what's going on with my show, so my monitor would stay on, this way I could see at a glance if the show had stopped due to an error or some other reason.   Running a screen saver, you're blocking that info from being seen and therefore may miss something important that could show you immediately why your show had stopped working{if that ever happens, it did when I ran a screen saver}.

Just a suggestion, but one I think the majority here will agree with.

Edited by Orville

47 minutes ago, Orville said:

You're running a screen saver while your show is running?     I think all of us always make sure there are NO other programs running at all during showtime, the screen saver if it has sound can also turn on your speakers, causing you to hear the show in the house.    I really would recommend all automatic updates, screen savers, every program except those needed and required for running your show all be turned off.   When I first started and I had a Christmas {no sound} screen saver I created running, it actually interfered with my show at times, sometimes even halting it or causing the music/lights to skip here and there.   

So you may just want to consider turning off your screen saver, and if you don't want the monitor on, you could turn it off, however, I prefer to know what's going on with my show, so my monitor would stay on, this way I could see at a glance if the show had stopped due to an error or some other reason.   Running a screen saver, you're blocking that info from being seen and therefore may miss something important that could show you immediately why your show had stopped working{if that ever happens, it did when I ran a screen saver}.

Just a suggestion, but one I think the majority here will agree with.

There's no sound to it, just the normal windows screen saver. You are right though, I don't need to have anything going that will possibly affect the show. I'll go in and disable everything. Thanks!