Light-O-Rama Forums

For all of you Zara experts....

Sctiger

I've been playing around with Zara Radio(free version) a little because like someone else said on the subject, I'm trying to avoid the 18 hrs of silence in between shows. It seemed pretty user friendly and I thought I setup a scheduled playlist.  My problem is this, It currently shows that it's playing a song but I hear nothing on the outdoor speakers nor on the FM station that I use. MY LOR show plays audio fine as well as iTunes or any other file with sound that I click. I looked under Tools>Options>Outputs and Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) is showing on all of the ports.  I'm obviously missing something. Any suggestions?

I am going to bet this is an interconnection issue as I've never run into an issue with ZR not outputting volume.  So, my questions.... Play some other sounds or music with something like Windows media player or another player on your computer to be nail down if the issue is software or hardware.  I'm hoping you connected your transmitter to the correct output plug on the computer.

Yes, it's connected properly. I don't have any issues with my show, iTunes, or any other program. I'm even currently listening to Otis Redding sing "Merry Christmas Baby" as I write this.  We're all good there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Zara Radio has worked perfectly for me this season.  I have two files, one for DURING my show, that inserts time, temp, and humidity at infrequent intervals, triggered by one DTMF tone.  Then I use "events" to load a file with straight Christmas songs to be played during off-show times.  Then an event loads the during-show-file about 2 seconds before the show starts.

Like I said, all is well; however, I was wondering if there is a way for the Zara playlist to also show the artist, since it is in the file that Zara uses.  I have Zara broadcasting RDS, but it only shows the song, not the artist.  I could add them to the titles by hand, but I have over 40 hours of music I would have to edit.

Thanks for your help!

You caught the most obvious one with the output selection.  I'm running Zara as I type this and watching it on the show computer.  Does the volume graph on the Zara console show audio?  The two bar graphs should be reaching close to the right edge of their bar graph.  Next, is the master volume control on the Zara console (between the Now playing and Next windows) turned up (not likely a problem since as far as I can tell, on the free version it turns up to full any time the program is loaded).  If you are running Windows Vista or a newer OS, the Windows sound mixer has application specific volume controls - make sure that the Zara volume is turned up on the Windows sound mixer, and not muted.  My show computer is running Windows XP and I don't have that option.