Light-O-Rama Forums

Florida Mini coming soon!

Michael B

On June 7th there will be a Florida Mini at my house in Eustis, Florida 32736. What is a Mini? It is a term started on Planet Christmas that means a gathering of Christmas light decorators.

We will start at 11:30 a.m. At 10:00 we will have a breakfast snack and coffee get -to-know each other. During the day we will learn from each other, eat, and chat. I'm still working on the agenda, but it will probably end around 5:30/6:00. There will be a Buy/Trade/Sell time.

This is for Newbies and veterans alike.

If you are interested in attending please post here or PM me. There is a thread about this on Planet Christmas, too.

Right now there are around 14-20 people interested in coming.

I hope to meet some new friends and see some familiar faces, too. ;)

Michael Beason

Edit:Spelling

Hello,

We are up to 16-22 people.

The agenda is looking like this:

Coro

LOR2

Mega trees

Leaping lights arches

Designing your display

Strobes

Flood lights

If you are interested let me know. If you are interested in teaching or sharing on any topic please contact me.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking it was update time.

There should be around 25 people coming so far.

I am in contact with two vendors who said they are coming. More information about them after a few details are completed.

I have been getting PMs from members here who are coming.

If anyone wants to teach or share something please contact me.

(I will probably not check this site from April 17-21. So if you don't hear from me you will know why.)

Agenda to follow.

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone, this will be a fun event! :cool:

Michael Beason

Agenda (tenitive)

10:00 Breakfast Snack, coffee, and chat time.

11:30 Official start time. Introductions

12:30 Vendor

1:00 Vendor

1:30 Lunch

2:10 Designing you display

2:30 Mega Tree

3:30 Buy/Sell/Trade

I am still looking for volunteer teachers for the rest.

Maybe:

Strobes

Lighted arches

Working with coro

LOR 2

etc.

5:30 or 6:00 finish up

This is the beginning of the agenda There will be additions. Times might be changed of presentation.

Again, let me know if there is anything you want to share or teach.

One other thing I forgot. I posted it over on Planet Christmas, but haven't here. I'm asking $10 per person to cover food and drinks. You will not need to bring any food. If there are any special diet conerns please let me know.

The number of people coming keeps going up. I know it will be fun!

• 1 month later...

Plans are coming together for the Florida Mini Saturday, June 7th.

Please PM or email to confirm you are coming and how many. I need to know so I can have plenty food and drink. I am asking $10 per person to cover expenses such as food.

If you have anything you have been working on, please bring it or them. I would like to have a round robin sharing of ideas and showing items or pictures. If you have pictures of your display please bring them. We learn so much from pictures.

If anyone has a door prize to give away, let me know. Speaking of door prizes: bring someone dollar bills. I am going to have you write your name on one if you want to win a door prize. We will draw one bill and that person will win. Then we will draw another and that person will win the money. We will do that for each door prize. If you don't win the door prize you can win the money.

I am looking at having tea, soft drinks, and water available. There will be party trays with meats, veggies, cheeses, fruit, and rolls for sandwhiches. There will be snacks and desserts.

PM or email me at rbeason728@embarqmail.com if you have any questions or to ask for my address or phone number.

If you have any thing you want to sell, trade or buy. I would post it here. So others know what you are bringing.

We were going to have Holidaysoft demo there new Version 4 software that works with LOR2. That should be real cool.

It looks like we will have between 25-30 people coming.

I will make a new post in this thread about the agenda soon.

I am really getting excited about the Florida Mini being held at my house on June 7th in Eustis Florida. Eustis is about 45 minutes North of Orlando. Not that much longer from the airport if you take the toll roads.

From Tampa it is less than 2 hours. From Southern Jacksonville it is 2 hours.

I live on a acre in a quiet neighborhood, right across from Lake Joanna.

10 a.m. Get to know each other breakfast/snack and coffee
10-6 Buy/Sell/Trade
11:30 Introductions
12:30 Holidaysoft demo ver. 4.0 (LOR ll enabled) Michael Collins
1:15 Water Display Design (Incredible display!) Bill V.
1:55ish Lunch Party trays: sandwhich meats, wings, veggies, fruit, cheeses (If you need a special diet let me know)
2:20 Mega Tree-Darren
3:00 Designing your Display-Michael Beason
3:30 LOR2 -Darren
4:00 Round Robin- Did you bring something you have been working on. Take a few minutes and show and tell. This could be real fun if you bring something.
4:45 Two sessions at same time.
Session 1: Welding using steel and aluminm and making you own extension cords. (Outside) Bernie
Session 2: DIY/DMX/Lynx (New inexpensive controller) RJ
The schedule is tenitive.
I plan on ending about 5:30 or 6:00 p.m.

To cover expenses please pay $10 per person when you arrive.

Arrive ready to meet some terrific people. If this is your first time at a Mini, you'll be amazed at the quality of the people in our wonderful hobby.

See you soon!