Light-O-Rama Forums

Stumped in Visualizer

kevinob

Hello - am having a bugger of a time figuring out Visualizer situation so am submitting this for some help:

my hardware is a Pixcon16, in enhanced LOR mode, using two smart RGB strings. Each string 98 lights.

I successfully created props using Pixel Editor. They are successfully saved into sequence editor file via intensity file process as seen below. When I run a show, the lights in that Pixel Editor Prop list work:

PE PROP.png

Is it possible to reference that Prop (intensity-file-based props made in PE but sent to SE) in a Visualizer fixture? It seems visualizer is more setup for Cosmic devices (which limits string length to 50 bulbs) or DMX universe settings (and since I'm using my Pixcon in ELOR mode, that doesn't work). I've tried a bunch of different ways to skin this but can't figure. 

If it is possible, can someone provide some details on the how-to?

My goal here is to create a visualization so I can use it in Superstar...

Thanks, Kevin

It's easy to make your 99 pixel strings in Visualizer when operating in DMX mode, but no way that I've found to do it in LOR networking.  Realizing that any LOR controller being able to control more than 50 RGB pixels is fairly new, the Visualizer software has not caught up with the newer hardware yet.  I'm sure it will soon.  Note that the same situation was happening prior to S4 coming out with DMX pixels - you could only draw pixels one at a time.  that got fixed in S4, and I'm sure the limitation of 50 pixels in LOR networking will get fixed before long (I would assume in S5).

For DMX pixels, use the "Draw Pixel String" (just to the right of the Matrix Wizard).

Thaanks @k6ccc for your reply. I ended up creating the visualizer as DMX mode... carried it over to SuperStar... got that going... export to Sequence editor (in Legacy mode, not intensity files)... then once in SE the show exists in a list of DMX pixels.... in that sequence  I right clicked to Add Device of a Pixcon16... then just cut/paste the show into those rows. A bit of a gauntlet but now that I understand how it works I'm good.

again thanks for taking the time. Your post and help from @BrianBruderer on a Timing Map issue helped me get it all going.

Thanks, Kevin

Kevin, glad you got a workaround. Back in S3, when the only way to create DMX pixels in Visualizer was one at a time, I did something similar. I created them as CCRs and did essentially the same as you in SS and then SE. No longer a requirement in S4.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android