Light-O-Rama Forums

how many lights????

Damon E

first year trying to get this all figured out any help is appreciated .I have the 30 amp controller 16 channels. we are using both led and incandescent lights how many stands can I hook up to each channel without blowing it out.. I want to add old snowflakes I have to the existing  channels . I have 4 separate channels for these approximately 250 lights per snowflake  and approximately 600 lights already on those 4 channels and they are a mix match of both kinds of light..  .... all total about 5ooo lights for the whole controller mostly leds just haven't changed them all over yet

thanks to all

I've got almost  2000 (talking faces) lights on both of my first 2 controllers and over 6000 on my 3rd controller.

First 2 are all LEDs. 3rd is mostly LEDs Even during the recent storms nothing tripped.

i read here someplace how many strings can be connected but not sure where

Sounds like you should be fine.

Best of luck

JR

Edited by dibblejr

2 hours ago, basis21b said:

Everyone in this hobby should spend the money and get a Kill A Watt or similar device.

https://www.amazon.com/P3-P4400-Electricity-Usage-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU/ref=sr_1_1

I was going to but I'm running all led's or RGB/pixels. I ran 60,000 led's, and 5 controllers off of one outlet last year without any issues. Just for peace of mind I ran two 20 amp circuits to outdoor outlets on each side of the house this fall. I wish I would have done it last year, the extension cord to the banks of controllers is 10'.

Z