Light-O-Rama Forums

Slight glitch - hoping someone can help

JohnF

Hi all,

Well finally got my first year show switch don and working and really happy with how it turned out - thanks all that have helped me on here along the way!

So, my show consists of some RGB pixel strips outlining the house, powered by Alphapix controller, and 4 Coro trees with 24v DC LED bulbs (not RGB) each tree has 8 channels, and I have 2 x CMB16D boards to control the lights and a meanwell sp100-24 powering the boards.

I have just found out that when the display, is not running a show every 3-4 minutes al of the bulbs in the trees very briefly flash on. 

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this and any remedies?

Thanks

John

Hi, it is via PC, using the USB connector and Cat 5 cable connected to first board and cat 5 cable from that board to the 2nd one

Thanks

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Still having problem with this, bit more time now have broken up form work for the Holidays to try and resolve, sorry if I waffle on a bit, but will give all the information in the hope someone can help me...

The set up I have is as follows.. Sony Vaio laptop running windows 7, I have 4 sequences created in LOR sequence editor and have set up and enabled a show using the simple show builder with the 4 sequences in it, running every hour on the hour from 16:00 to 21:00 7 days a week.

I have static lights as well,  which I have on a timer coming on at 15:30 and turning off at 22:30, previously the timer was turning these off and on every hour before and after show, but feedback from visitors has suggested they prefer the static lights on during the show as well.

For the sequenced lights I have a HolidayCoro Alphapix 16 controller, controlling the RGB pixel house outline connected to my router via cat5 cable, I have set the pixels up using DMX channels.

For the singing Christmas trees, I have a Meanwell  SP100-24  (24v DC power supply) powering 2 x Lightorama CMB16D boards with the 24v DC M5 style LED bulbs connected to them.

All the sequences are working fine, and during the hours of 22:00 through to 16:00 there are no problems and no glitches, however after the first show runs at 16:00 and finishes at around 16:15 all 4 Christmas trees flash as in the attached video, this happens every 2-3 minutes, but only happens in between shows, and not after the final show completes. (I have stated watching for ages to make sure).

I have replaced the Cat5 cable, but this does not seem to have been the issue.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

John

trees glitch.mp4