Light-O-Rama Forums

Help Desk Tries But Hasn't Been Able To Help Me With D-Light--Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, etc..., Help If You Can

samstone11

I've been using a combo of D-Light 16 channel controllers and LOR software for years. Admittedly the hardware is showing signs of age but now I can't get the updated LOR to consistently talk to the controllers. Sometimes I can reset or restart and the HU will control the controllers, but the sequences can't find the lights. No problem finding the network, just the controllers/channels. Sometimes sequences will operate a channel without recognizing it in the HU and sometimes it won't. LOR is understandably hesitant because I'm not using their own hardware and declines or (rarely) absolutely and quite rudely refuses to offer any advice. Obviously I'm running out of time and I can't afford to pay anything more this year. I have been very ill for several years and was hoping to make this happen partially as a barometer my family could use to see I'm getting better. 

Thanks for any input.

--Sam

Have you tried going back to a previous version instead? You can download an older version of the software. Maybe the updated LOR isn't cooperating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you Service Call. I asked the help desk about that earlier but haven't heard back from them yet. Probably worth a try, and will let you know if I have any luck. 

• Like 1

Service Call (or anyone) I don't know if this response notifies you but here's hoping. I've still had no luck whatsoever and I have my lights up and can't control them. I cannot possibly express how important just getting that much done represents as a personal accomplishment. I struggle with mental dysfunction to the extent I sometimes cannot read more than a paragraph or two before indescribable mental exhaustion puts a stop to whatever I'm trying to do. Not an excuse just an explanation why I'm pretty poor at research and applying new information. I now think what has happened is I probably pushed too many buttons somehow converting firmware to LOR on some controllers. I am running LOR's latest software update, but Daryl at D-Lights once warned me their stuph should ideally be set up through their utility program. The 2 controllers I have that D-Lights' HU recognizes work fine in a LOR sequence, but in contradiction all the other controllers (which LOR's HU recognizes) disconnect when a sequence or show written with their own software actually starts. Do you know how to get D-Lights'  HU to recognize their controllers again? I never had any problem running LOR shows and sequences when D-Lights' HU could "discover" the controllers.

I'm at a point where I wouldn't blame my wife if she made me sleep outside with my lights because I can't deliver a show for all the kids she and our son have been inviting over. Any advice is IMMENSELY appreciated.

Hi Sam, I don't know anything about D lights, but stick around a little. They're someone here who probably knows the way to do it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont know anything about D-Lights either, but I assume they have to have some sort of unit ID's set on them. You might have duplicate unit ID's set right now. Hook 1 up at a time and set what happens.

• Like 1

Thanks, Doug. I have tried that and still only one of the LOR or the D-Light hardware utililities can find any units. LOR software will then run any controllers (2 of 7) the D-Light HU "discovers", but none of its own that it finds. I believe I need to somehow reassign the units that LOR's HU finds back to D-Light, but since D-Light can't see those units at all, I can't do it.

Watch for me on the news. The story will begin "And now our story about the frustrated Christmas lights guy who constantly went from suicidal to homicidal and back again so he set fire to...."

1 hour ago, samstone11 said:

Thanks, Doug. I have tried that and still only one of the LOR or the D-Light hardware utililities can find any units. LOR software will then run any controllers (2 of 7) the D-Light HU "discovers", but none of its own that it finds. I believe I need to somehow reassign the units that LOR's HU finds back to D-Light, but since D-Light can't see those units at all, I can't do it.

Watch for me on the news. The story will begin "And now our story about the frustrated Christmas lights guy who constantly went from suicidal to homicidal and back again so he set fire to...."

Thank you B.Y.R.G. Even though I have a forum and site password there, nothing seems to download and several internal links are 404s. I downloaded what was supposed to be their latest firmware and hardware utility, but they turned out to be either empty files or unexecutable (inexecutable? non executable?Nolo comprendere executo?) I'm willing to admit I'm a terrible troubleshooting detective, but the help folks like you have been offering has been a rare and genuinely bright spot for my family and myself. I can't thank you enough.

• The topic was locked