Light-O-Rama Forums

e682 not working

Steelers95

Alright so I have 2 e682's...ones working perfectly fine... the other not so much. It works when I run it in test mode but when I run my sequence it does not work. I have checked the network preferences  and the ip address is entered correctly, ive tried it in both multicast and unicast and nothing. It was working at first but then just stopped. I am out of ideas. Anyone have any ideas??

A couple questions.

What (if any) LEDs are illuminated on the E682?

Are you able to communicate with the configuration page with a web browser on the non-working E682?

Does the ethernet port on the E682 show a connection, and data?

Does the switch, router, or computer on the other end of the ethernet cable show a connection?

If you can communicate with it, can you post a screen capture of the E682 configuration page, and the LOR Network Preferences page?

Can you either describe, or post a drawing of your network configuration?  For example:

PC with 192.168.0.100 -> LAN port #1 of router  &  E682 with 192.168.0.206 -> LAN port #2 of the same router.

Can you open a command prompt window and enter ipconfig /all   Then either post a screen capture or report the following:

IPv4 Address

Subnet Mask

Default gateway

Note that you may have more than one connection listed (particularly if you have both a physical LAN port and WiFi).

ws2811 pixels

I can communicate with the configuration page

I believe the Ethernet port must be working on the e682 because it works on test mode

one e682 works so I believe my computer has a connection

I am not around my controller rn so I cant take a picture of the configuration page but I can in the am

I am using a Ethernet splitter though if that makes a difference

I can also get a pic of my command prompt window in the am

I appreciate your help.

if the configuration is correct, and just the lights don't light, maybe check the fuses and make sure the little green connectors are plugged in all the way, loose connection for led power etc

Configure the 682 that is not working with the same IP address and Universes of the 682 that is working and try that.

Walt

Edited by wbaker4

14 hours ago, Steelers95 said:

I am using a Ethernet splitter though if that makes a difference

I assume you mean an ethernet switch.

9 minutes ago, wbaker4 said:

Configure the 682 that is not working with the same IP address and Universes of the 682 that is working and try that.

Good test.  Do that with the other E682 NOT connected to the LAN.

• The topic was locked