Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with LOR 50w RGB Floods

gmac

I have a issue with my floods ..........I have 4 50w floods they each are labeled 0A  0B 0C 0D in my sequences and all are set to channel 1 I ran cat 5 cable from my gen 3 controller to 0A the daisy chained the others with cat 5   and when the sequence plays only 1 (This one coming from my controller) flood lights and I even ran the cat 5 cable from the controller to the 4th flood (0D) and when the sequence plays only that ones lights ABC don't light............I tested all the cat5 cables and each flood has power going to it ...........Can't figure it out...... They all worked when I checked them out in the HU when I got them

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong..........Any help would be appreciated

Your description is a little confusing, but I am gathering that only flood with ID 0D lights regardless of the physical wiring configuration (which should not matter).  Sounds like the controller ID numbers between the sequence and the floods don't match.

16 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Want to share your .lcc file?

How do do that?  Email it to you or is there a way to send it the the forum?

18 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Your description is a little confusing, but I am gathering that only flood with ID 0D lights regardless of the physical wiring configuration (which should not matter).  Sounds like the controller ID numbers between the sequence and the floods don't match.

Sorry for the confusion..... ID 0D only lights ABC don't light when I run the cat5 cable from the controller to it but if I run the cat5 cable from the controller to flood 0A then 0A only lights BCD don't light

Mean while I'll bring in b & c floods and check then out again

My email is in my profile or you can post the file somewhere like dropbox and then post the link to it here or in a PM

Edited by ItsMeBobO

If the configuration is correct then take a good long look at the cat5 connectors on the floods. I purchased three 50w floods earlier this year and I could not get two of them to connect. I finally decided to take the barrel connectors apart all the way down to the cat5 and rj45 connectors. After inspecting the connectors three of the four had bad crimps so I cut them off, put new rj45 connectors on and reassembled the barrel connectors. Works perfect now.

• The topic was locked