Light-O-Rama Forums

Just got my RGB props up

Need more lights

Just couldn't wait any longer...Stuffed with turkey, out the door I went with the E682, my laptop, the new arches and the nodes for the porch posts. Had to see it run in a real time situation and not spread out in the family room. They look fantastic! I love RGB! I did notice that alot of the effects that look good in the simulator run faster than expected and somewhat blur together but in all I'm very satisfied. Nothing like really seeing it run to see what you did wrong. Now I know to slow down some of the effects a little bit and not put so many in to a small time frame or it's just too much going on for you to catch the full effects of multiple props firing at once. Oh well, it's a learning curve for me with this modern tech, but I'm left wanting more of it!!! Tomorrow I'll try to get the  spiraling arborvitaes lit and tested... that should be fun too! They all have a dedicated 16 channel controller to each of the 4 and I'm hoping I get the effect I'm looking for out of them, but like I said, there is nothing like a true time run to really know if all my work payed off. Now that I have my hardware bugs worked out and my props done, I just need to program more songs. I only have 4 upgraded as of now. It might be a short show, but it's a wild ride!     

11 hours ago, Need more lights said:

Just couldn't wait any longer...Stuffed with turkey, out the door I went with the E682, my laptop, the new arches and the nodes for the porch posts. Had to see it run in a real time situation and not spread out in the family room. They look fantastic! I love RGB! I did notice that alot of the effects that look good in the simulator run faster than expected and somewhat blur together but in all I'm very satisfied. Nothing like really seeing it run to see what you did wrong. Now I know to slow down some of the effects a little bit and not put so many in to a small time frame or it's just too much going on for you to catch the full effects of multiple props firing at once. Oh well, it's a learning curve for me with this modern tech, but I'm left wanting more of it!!! Tomorrow I'll try to get the  spiraling arborvitaes lit and tested... that should be fun too! They all have a dedicated 16 channel controller to each of the 4 and I'm hoping I get the effect I'm looking for out of them, but like I said, there is nothing like a true time run to really know if all my work payed off. Now that I have my hardware bugs worked out and my props done, I just need to program more songs. I only have 4 upgraded as of now. It might be a short show, but it's a wild ride!     

Hey Scott,

Can i get some pics and information on your arches? I am going to start building some for next year and would love to see what yours look like.

Greg

• Like 1

Sure Greg, I could give you dimensions of how to cut and a materials list, where to get them and a quick how to. I'll get a vid tonight of them running and post it. I'll tell you they aren't huge...70" spread at the base,3' tall, 75 leds 25 pixels each.  

On 11/25/2016 at 8:18 AM, gsmith37064 said:

Hey Scott,

Can i get some pics and information on your arches? I am going to start building some for next year and would love to see what yours look like.

Greg

Hey Greg, sorry I haven't had a chance to get pics or a vid yet. I just finished getting the rest of the display up and have been testing and chasing gremlins. (i had quite a few this year) Still have one to work out, I tested all my lights before they went up but somehow I've got one string thats half out. must have pulled a bulb out or something stupid like that...I hope so, it's the only color string I don't have a spare for. It's 30 degrees out right now and I'm frozen for the night, I'll try to get something tomorrow if it's not pouring out.  

• The topic was locked