Light-O-Rama Forums

Some light still on at start of new sequence

Scud2

When I run my show and it goes from one song to the next I have 2 channels that stick on until they are used in the new sequence. Tomorrow is opening night. Most won't see it but it is pretty ramdom. Whyyyyy? Help me!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Does it always happen at the end of the same sequence or sequences?  If so, the channels are likely still on at the end of that sequence or those sequences, AND you don't have the boxes checked for "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" (note that this checkbox exists on each section of the Show Editor).  BTW, you may have channels that you specifically DO want to stay on - for example my front porch light and the security light by the cars stays on without interruption - in which case you you can't use the "Turn used channels..." box.

No channels need to be on in between shows. I actually have 5 seconds of nothing in between shows. I did not pay attention if it stays on for the 5 seconds. Where is the channel off button. I will have to try that. I was having such trouble this year lol and I just added 8 dumb rgb's. Which is weird because one of my old channels I never touched is one that stays on. And one rgb channel. Something happened and I will have to figure it out tomorrow. I have great radio reception and the lights look great. I upped the speed to 500 with my G3 director and now all rgb channels keep up great!

I have somewhat the same problem. I have 6 or 7 channels that the lights are staying on out of 240 channels. The strings don't stay at full power, but very dim and about half of the strings are on. Only one controller doing this. These are all leds and are the same type of leds as used on other channels and controllers.

Any suggestions on how to fix this.

What kind of lights and controllers Doug?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Doug, I assume you mean 120 volt AC strings. Since they are all LEDs and on one controller, try putting a snubber on the offending channels to see that helps - particularly if it NOT a Gen-3 controller. I would not expect this to be a failed triac problem since several channels are involved.

Scud, I assume you mean a DC controller for the RGB channels. For testing, swap an offending string with a working one. Does the problem follow the controller channels or the string?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

• Like 1

Oops, hit send before I was done typing. Scud, the check box is to the right of the list of songs on every tab in the Show Editor except the Background tab.

8 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Doug, I assume you mean 120 volt AC strings. Since they are all LEDs and on one controller, try putting a snubber on the offending channels to see that helps - particularly if it NOT a Gen-3 controller. I would not expect this to be a failed triac problem since several channels are involved.

I just double checked and I have problem on the 3 controllers running my mega tree. 2 or 3 strings on each controller. I will try a snubber.

Oops, hit send before I was done typing. Scud, the check box is to the right of the list of songs on every tab in the Show Editor except the Background tab.

Yes one is lor DC and it's 2 channels but only for one song. And the other is one channel for a gen 3 16 channel controller. I'll try to turn off after song and test tonight

If it's just one song, it's almost certainly staying on because it's that way in the one sequence. Take a careful look at the sequence.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DougP said:

You might also want to try unplugging and rotating by half a turn the plugs for the light strings that are causing the problem.  It was a quick solution to problems I've had in the past. 

• Like 2

Ok so I realized I do not use the show editor. I use the show director/mp3 show builder in the harware tab. I have never used the show editor. I tried and don't even know what to do lol. But ill try a few things and see what happens. Rrrr

If it's just one song, it's almost certainly staying on because it's that way in the one sequence. Take a careful look at the sequence.

Sure enough there was a small little sliver at the end of the song and they were somehow clicked on. Just two little channels. Super weird. Fixed it and now I'm 100%ready for tonight! Thanks so much for all the help! Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

Well, I tried reversing the plugs and it didn't work.  Does anyone have any snubbers that they want to get rid of? I need about 48.

Edited by DougP

Well, I tried reversing the plugs and it didn't work.  Does anyone have any snubbers that they want to get rid of? I need about 48.

Just an idea...try to make 2 second sequence that has all the lights off and place it in between the problem areas. I thought of that just this morning after I found what I was missing. That would be an easy quick fix. May even be a good permanent fix lol. Worth a try at least.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm at a complete loss. I plugged in a string of incandescent lights with the LED string of lights and it didn't help. They still remain lit but very very dim. Out of 70 LEDs about the first 15 of the string is staying on. This is happening on 3 different controllers and they all run my mega tree.