Light-O-Rama Forums

Controlling lights

Scooch

OK.  While I am not a total newb at this (this is my 5th year) I feel like it at the moment.  I am sure I am missing something simple so I turned here.  I have everything set up.  The LOR Tray is running.  When I attempt to run the show the regular sequences are not running.  My pixel matrix running on E 1:31 is running fine.  I am trying to run the sequences through com 7, with the high speed adapter.  The hardware program has found all the devices and I can control the channels through this program.  Again, when I run a sequence through the SE nothing and nothing when I run the show.

Is control lights checked in SE?

What speed is Comm 7 set to?

Using the Aux A network in your sequences?

Edited by wbaker4

Yes, control iights is checked.  I have tried running it both at 56k as well as enhanced at 500k using the red adapter.

And Aux A in sequences??????  Not sure about that.  Where?

You specify the network you are controlling the boxes on.  That's done when you add a controller.

Regular is used for speeds <= 100K.  Aux A usually for 500K.

Not sure exactly what I did but I have the system working now.  I originally had the standard boxes running on com7 (which was detected by the hardware utility).  I again ran the hardware utility and it picked up the adapter on com4.  Now all is good.

Ah, the fun of Windows implementation of USB.  This is why I always recommend opening the Windows Device Manager and verifying what comm port Windows thinks that your adapter has been assigned.