Light-O-Rama Forums

Volume and audio

cschmitz20

Hi I use light o rama and a whole house fmn transmitter to broadcast.  Issue I have is the volume and animation does not seem real good. I have. Went into the volume settings on the computer and adjusted those but still don't get quality audio.  When i go into my car and turn on the station I can hear plenty but there is no bass at all.  Do I need a sound card for my computer? Anyone else use these?

Edited by cschmitz20
Spell error

So do you have a sub hooked to your computer and so it isn't putting out the lower bass frequencies on your line out port you have hooked to your transmitter? If that isn't the case then you need to check settings on the transmitter maybe. But to me it sounds like somewhere from the computer to the radio that is receiving the music it is loosing the lower bass frequencies.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

First, if you hear sound, you have a sound card.

Having a sub hooked to the computer (never heard of that but...) wouldn't effect the output from the computer headphone jack.

What is the output of your sound level on your computer? You want around 75 to 85% level to keep from distortion.

The Whole House transmitter might be the problem. I've heard bad feedback on those but have never owned one.

Also, if you don't have a stereo cable for the output, that would cause problems. There is mono and stereo cables so make sure you have stereo cable for the output cable from your computer.

One more thing. Hook up headphones to your computer. If you have good bass and sound over all, that's what should be going out your output jack of your computer.

Edited by Santas Helper

OP, if you do have a sub look for an output from that source of the main speaker that has the aux jack and try splitting off either of those.

My Yamaha computer surround system has 2 aux outputs. 1 on the main speaker and 1 on the sw. I guess Ive had my Yamaha system since CompUSA was big. (1999 or so) I got it when I purchased a desktop with vouchers they used to give out for buying tuff.T hose were the days.

JR

• 2 weeks later...

Another issue could possibly{?} be if the transmitter is set on MONO instead of Stereo, it may not be picking up the BASS section of the music, since it could be on the other song track that isn't being picked up by the transmitter.    Since I'm not familair with the WHT transmitter, I can't say for sure, but know if I set my transmitter to MONO, I lose one side of the track and then my output sounds really horrid, turn stereo back on, and it sounds great.   If using a stereo cable into a MONO input, this will happen too, has to be a stereo{from computer} to mono{transmitter, if a non stereo type or not set to stereo} to work.