Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 Show Director Help

mmais68569

I bought my first controler during the sale & now want to add a show director. My question;

Should I buy the 1602W with Mp3 show director, or should I buy another CTB16PC

controler & the Mini Director with MP3 player.

The last coose would save me about $250 but I would not beable to set the start & stop times.

Also being new useing a Show director do I still need the software program if I use this year sequences uploaded by other members.

Thanks for any & all help

Mike :D

mmais68569 wrote:

I bought my first controler during the sale & now want to add a show director. My question;

Should I buy the 1602W with Mp3 show director, or should I buy another CTB16PC

controler & the Mini Director with MP3 player.

The last coose would save me about $250 but I would not beable to set the start & stop times.

Also being new useing a Show director do I still need the software program if I use this year sequences uploaded by other members.

Thanks for any & all help

Mike :D

Mike,

No direct questions - but I used BOTH the Mini and Full director this last season they were GREAT/ The mini you can "schedual" with a wall-wort and 7 day timmer. They both work the 1600's and PC baords. The other diffrence is Fulld irecto can do 9 shows where the Mini can only do 1. Buy they one that fills you needs.

YES you need the sotware.

Harrison

mike, you bought a controler during the sale but never did this last year. am I correct? than you need a starter package to continue. it gives you 2 cds ( full version of light o rama sequence for controling the lights and utilitys for setting up your shows) and a sc485 plug to talk from your pc to the controler. you'll need this first before movin foward.
http://store.lightorama.com/spk800.html

Mike,

I used the 1602MP3 unit for the second straight year with ZERO PROBLEMS! The unit may be more money but extremely easy to use. Once I programed the SD Card - everything turned on and off daily, changes were simple, scheduling was easy, etc.

I ran an 18 minute musical program and then a 42 minute static with music. The program looped itself from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm (128 total channels).

I bought a few extra SD cards and programmed a few extra sequences, so on the weekend I could pop in another card and songs would be different.

This unit is very flexible - just my opinion.

Good Luck,

Bill

Bill Jr wrote:

Mike,

I used the 1602MP3 unit for the second straight year with ZERO PROBLEMS! The unit may be more money but extremely easy to use. Once I programed the SD Card - everything turned on and off daily, changes were simple, scheduling was easy, etc.

I ran an 18 minute musical program and then a 42 minute static with music. The program looped itself from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm (128 total channels).

I bought a few extra SD cards and programmed a few extra sequences, so on the weekend I could pop in another card and songs would be different.

This unit is very flexible - just my opinion.

Good Luck,

Bill

I'm sold on this idea, can't wait 'til the sales. DON'T let the wife know, she'll go nuts.

~Pete ~ :}