Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Lights 2007 is available!

Greg Young

Greg Young wrote:

Holiday Lights 2007 is now available for sale to the public!

This year’s edition runs almost 4 full hours, and features 47 outstanding displays, with a number of firsts, such as:

A synchronized light display using actual water, an electronic version of a large synchronized water display, a well-known national recording artist performing music live at a member’s display, an electronic version of a synchronized waterfall, displays with significant use of mechanical animations, etc.

Holiday Lights 2006 is also available for sale!

This edition features 43 outstanding displays, with a number of firsts, such as:

A synchronized display that includes live actors on stage, the final year of a well known Australian display, a display synchronized to Mr. Christmas, 2 displays featuring music commercially recorded by their owners, leaping arches, etc.

Holiday Lights 2005 is also available for sale!

This edition features 40 outstanding displays, with a number of firsts, such as:

Significant use of DMX lighting, a display featuring animated barnyard animals, a number of musically synchronized displays, an electronically animated band, etc

Holiday Lights 2004 is also available for sale!

This edition features 36 outstanding displays, with a number of firsts, such as:

A significant number of impressive static displays, displays featuring significant blowmold collections, Canadian displays, a number of life size mechanical animations, a display featuring music commercially recorded by its owner, and a bonus track featuring one display owner performing vocals choreographed with his display’s animation, etc.

I would strongly encourage all folks to watch each disk (there are 2 in each set) at least three times, as you will see details, and get ideas you missed the first or second time through!

Each of these sets is unique, and will offer the viewer a wealth of information from many of our holiday lighting experts, that they have developed over the years! There is no other single resource available that will afford viewers more information and ideas that will allow them to significantly improve their own displays, than these sets!

Please note these sets offer CD quality sound on all selections, and the vast majority of the videos are of DVD quality. These sets do not offer the poor quality video that is generally available on the net. These can and should be played on larger televisions!

As to the other DVD sets we offer:
The Chicagoland mini-plus has been sold out - sorry!

PLUS 2005 is still available, but in extremely limited quantities (only 3 left).

See what the “granddaddy” of holiday lighting national conventions is all about. This 2 DVD set features highlights from its activities, including opening ceremonies, the educational sessions, the vendor room, the banquet and its games, and some behind the scene footage of the organization behind PLUS.

All prices are in US funds.

The price will remain at $30 per DVD set, which includes shipping and handling to the continental US.

If insurance is desired, add $2 per set. We have shipped hundreds of DVD sets over the years, with only 2 ever arriving damaged (and those only involved cracked DVD cases, the DVDs were fine), so insurance is optional. That being said, if they are not insured, and there should be damage that occurs, the purchaser assumes the responsibility.

For Canadian orders add $2 additional. For international orders add $5 additional.

If using PayPal, send your funds to: geyoung@roadrunner.com

If paying direct, send a certified money order/bank check (sorry no personal checks) to:

Greg Young
8590 Phillips Road
Holland, NY, 14080

Two caveats: 1) Supplies are limited. They will be sold first come – first served until they run out, following which additional supplies will be ordered and more sets produced, but there will be a 3 or 4 week delay in getting the supplies in, and DVD sets out.

2) These DVDs use the –R format, and may not play on all players. Symptoms of this include clipped/skipping video/audio, or failure to load. Some parts may play fine, others will not, which may seem due to a defective disk, but is not! All disks are checked for errors before they go out! If you have a problem, try playing the disk on a computer DVD drive, or another DVD player. Universal DVD players can be purchased for less than $30, which will play these, and other DVDs.

All sales are final. Any disk found to be defective on return will certainly be replaced with another of the same!

Enjoy viewing the creativity of our talented decorating community, shown at its best in these collections! Greg

Payment is on it's way. Probably won't look at youtube'd displays again. :D

Can't wait to see the sync'ed water display, I've wondered if anyone has done that in a residential display. Thanks!

DanCampbell wrote:

[snip]
Can't wait to see the sync'ed water display, I've wondered if anyone has done that in a residential display. Thanks!

We have a retired LOR User in FL that was on HGTV and he has very nice water display as part of his overall Display.

Actually from this years HGTV I think there were 4 or 5 LOR users.

Dan

I wonder if the inductive load of small selonoid controlled values like the ones used in built-in sprinklers could be driven directly without frying the triacs.

Imagine a yard full of sprinkler heads going off in time to music. Opens up a whole new genre of music to use. Hmm...

DanCampbell wrote:

I wonder if the inductive load of small selonoid controlled values like the ones used in built-in sprinklers could be driven directly without frying the triacs.

Imagine a yard full of sprinkler heads going off in time to music. Opens up a whole new genre of music to use. Hmm...

Bill Vanderslice taught fountain design at PLUS 2007 (Dan you may be referring to him as one of your guys). He actually calculated, based on pump output, and pipe parameters, the proper size nozzle openings, so the water stayed the same height across the entire length of the pipe, rather than the most proximal being the tallest, with the heights decreasing as you go along the tube.

That, in and of itself, was quite a nice bit of engineering, but he covered quite a bit more. If I only lived in a warm climate!

His PLUS slideset is on the Constantly Christmas website, I believe in the how-to section.

Bill is not the gentleman from Arizona featured on the DVD (that was Aaron Skoczen if memory serves).

Hope you enjoy the displays! I loved how creative so many folks were!

Greg

Greg Young wrote:

[snip]
Bill is not the gentleman from Arizona featured on the DVD (that was Aaron Skoczen if memory serves).

Greg

Such a small world. It was neat to watch the hgtv sepcial because Mary would say things like "Oh that was the guy that needed a controller over-nighted because the film crew was coming the next day" or "That was the guy that called every week for 3 months before he decided what to get...."

I checked the store so I would not be supprised if that fountian show in AZ was also a LOR display. ;)

LightORamaDan wrote:

Greg Young wrote:
[snip]

Greg

Such a small world. It was neat to watch the hgtv sepcial because Mary would say things like "Oh that was the guy that needed a controller over-nighted because the film crew was coming the next day" or "That was the guy that called every week for 3 months before he decided what to get...."

I checked the store so I would not be supprised if that fountian show in AZ was also a LOR display. :D

I am pretty sure it is Dan, especially if the initials A.S. from Tucson ring a bell!

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

I sent the last batch of the DVDs out yesterday, and am all caught up, so anyone who has placed their order should be receiving it in one week at the latest!

That being said one person just dropped me a note saying the DVDs took 13 days to get from NY to Maryland!! That is not good at all, especially considering the fact that I send the DVDs first class!!

It seems so odd, as one of the sets that was sent to Australia last week arrived at the person's home there 5 days after I sent it out.

So it took 13 days from NY to Maryland, but only 5 days from NY to Australia... go figure!

Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying their DVDs!

Greg